x

Multiple readers, different phones, same store

Is it possible to use a second square reader connected to a different phone, linked to my Shopify store? In effect I need two separate people sell products from two separate locations (POS) using the same shopify store as the back end. The first user has IOS device and the second user can use either IOS or android. Will there be any issues?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @monkeysee, thanks for reaching out with your question! I noticed it's your first post in the Seller Community, welcome! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Firstly, have you already linked your Square Account to your Shopify site via one of our integrations, such as skuIQ? While Square doesn't offer direct integration with Shopify, you can link your accounts via a third-party platform. If you haven't already completed this step, take a look at Square Marketplace to view which platforms allow you to link your Square Account with Shopify. 

Secondly, you're able to log into your Square Account on as many devices as you need, so long as each device is paired to its own Square Reader. So, if two devices are logged into your account, you'd need two Square Readers to connect to them.

We recommend ensuring the devices you are planning to use are compatible with Square prior to the event. You can check your device compatibility using our online tool. 

Let me know if you have any further questions here, and I'll be happy to assist! ๐Ÿค—

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2