x

Square Online: "This store is not yet accepting payments"

Al items on my store are saying store not accepting payments? Why is it saying this and how can i get it sorted asap.

Message 1 of 36
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @D804122, so sorry to hear you are getting this message!

If you are seeing the This store is not yet accepting payments message, please check the following to make sure they've been setup correctly:

• Make sure Order Online is enabled on your website. You can check this by navigating to your Square Dashboard > Online Store > Settings > Checkout
  • Make sure items are in stock and have fulfilment methods applied to them
  • Unpublish and republish your site to make sure the site is fully secured

If everything has been set up and your still cannot take payments, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team for further assistance. 

Here are the steps to contact Square Support by phone or by email:

1. Go to https://squareup.com/help/gb/en/contact 
  2. Select your topic or just click Other > I donโ€™t see my issue, itโ€™ll give you the option to either call or email in!

The phone number for Square Support is 0800 098 8008. The Square Support Team is available by phone Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Super Seller

Have you made sure you have connected a bank account and your bank has accepted it?

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 22 of 36
Admin

Hey @mrtommifunn, sorry to hear you are running into this issue! If you have added your bank account as Matt suggested and run through everything outlined in this best answer, can you try something else for me? 

Please go to your Square Dashboard > Account & Settings > Locationsmake a small change to your location information (like adding a space in the business bio), click Save then wait for about 5 minutes to see if it will help resolve the issue. 

If it doesn't, would you mind sharing a link to the website so I can have a look here on my end? 

Tra
Message 23 of 36

Hi! I am not using a custom domain and my site is giving me the error of "this site is not yet accepting payments", what can I do to fix this??

Message 24 of 36
Alumni

Hey @mrsarnett463 - I moved your post. Can you look at the best answer above to see if it helps? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 36

I have the same issue and its driving me mad considering deleting the platform. I have unpublished and re published still nothing

Message 26 of 36
Admin

Thanks for letting us know @Shereejw70! Aside from unpublishing and republishing the site, can you also try the following steps and see if that would help?

If none of these help resolve the issue, can you share a link to the website with me so I can have a look?

Tra
Message 27 of 36

Message 28 of 36

I have done all of the above and everything is verified

i have even edited the bio with a space unpublished  and published. I can accept payments but the website is still stating this store is not yet accepting payments. I have spent days trying to rectify this 

I officially give up!!! 

Message 29 of 36
Admin

So sorry that the troubleshooting steps above didn't help @Shereejw70! I'm looking at the site on my end and I'm not sure why the error is coming up either. In this case, the best course of action is to contact our Support team directly as there are account-specific settings they will be able to check.  

Tra
Message 30 of 36

Hi, I am having the same issue. Not accepting payments. My test payment went through, I've followed all the troubleshooting above and still can't get it to accept payments. Can someone help? 

Tweedlecraft.square.site thank you!

Message 31 of 36
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @Tweedlecraft,

Oh no! Sorry to hear this is happening, we'd like to help out. When visiting the website, we are not able to replicate that error message. Are you able to describe the exact steps you are taking to receive this?  

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 32 of 36
Beta Member

Mine is doing exactly the same. It was working three months ago, then I took it down. Tried to reopen and everything says "not accepting payments".

My site is www.thebridgebox.co.uk

Message 33 of 36
Admin

Hi there @TooPerfection, thanks for letting us know. 

It looks like your site is not secure at the moment and that could be what is causing it to not accept payments. 

I had a look at your DNS records on Who.is and it looks like everything is pointing correctly to Square

I would suggest giving out Support Team a call on 0800 - 098 8008, 9AM- 5PM, Mon-Fri for confirmation, but to me it seems that they may need to manually reissue the SSL cert here. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 34 of 36

same problem here.  Have wasted many hours trying to solve this so sadly looks like I will be going back to Paypal

Message 35 of 36
Admin

Hi @wff, sorry to hear you're running into this. 

Did you contact our Customer Support team to look into this with you? 

Otherwise. if you can share a link to your site here, I'd be happy to take a look. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 36 of 36