x

Adding Service Charge / Gratuity

Trying to add a service charge to Square POS.

When I go to my Dashboard squareup.com/dashboard/business/ there is only the option to apply tax not service charge.

Am i missing something?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

We have the same issue. I’ve taken to subtracting it later from the total, but it’s messy. Very few options have been tailored to us here in India, even simple ones like not crashing when cash bills include paisa amounts.

Message 2 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Verandah,

Thanks for writing back in and sharing your feedback. We hear your frustration not having this feature in your location, and while there isn't a workaround at the moment, we'll let our product team know that this is a feature you'd like to see internationally, too. 

Message 3 of 9

Feature requests are one thing, sure. But I reported the crash issue last year and there’s been no progress. It’s neglect. When I use Square in the US it’s bug-free and I wish everyone had the same experience.

Message 4 of 9

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're seeing with your app crashing, @Verandah! Which version of the app, and device are you using? 

Message 5 of 9

iOS, most recent version. On a variety of iPads and iPhones. (No crash results from the same set of actions on Android tablets or phones.)

It’s not that this issue is urgent; we’ve figured out a workaround by adding a custom amount that restores the total ticket to a whole number of rupees. That’s enough to complete the checkout without a crash.

But the fact that this bug has lingered for years is symptomatic of the neglect toward users in other countries/currencies that we see elsewhere — as in the original post by @Jay1 as well as several other core functionality issues I’d be happy to enumerate.

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Hi, Mate.

I have recently started using ,Squre for retail business.

- i want to know , can i integrate,pos-online order acceptance through square ,by adding plugin on my business site?

Regards

Whatsapp:09[Redacted]

Message 7 of 9
Admin

Hey @rkdave,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

So I can properly assist you, which country are you posting from? 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 9

Hey there @Verandah 

I am sorry about your experience here. As you may know, India is not a country where Square is allowed to process payments at this time. While we still flag feature requests for issues like yours they may take a little bit more to get addressed because our top goal is to be able to process payments there.

However, I will make sure to pass this feedback over to our product team for their visibility. 

In regards to @Jay1's issue, Service Charges are not yet available in all Square Markets but we are working hard to bring Service Charges to other countries soon!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9