x

Appointments - Booking individual rooms?

We run a sauna and would like to let customers book one of 5 rooms at a certain time.

In the other posts I've read, I see where this option really isn't available. But the posts are from several years ago. Is there a feature that supports this now?

If not, can this be a workaround: In setting up staff members, name them "Room #1," "Room #2," etc and allow the customer to book each room that way. Would it work this way or would there be any drawbacks that anyone can see?

Lastly, I see different info on the Square Appointments pages. One place says 1-5 employees is $50/month and another says it's $25/month with 6-10 being $50/month. Which one is it?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

@SWEATLRSS

Thanks for the post and all good questions. Square Appointments does not have a way at this time to book rooms. That is correct, but I have seen businesses set up employees as rooms and manage it that way.

Hopefully we'll get some other Sellers that are set up that way to chime in here, as it's a fairly common work around. As far as drawbacks, I'm not quite sure- the obvious one being the employee who is doing the service in the room will also need to be accounted for, unless that is something you are just handling by having hourly employees.

As for Square Appointments for Teams: this link will go in depth on the monthly pricing and the reduction in Square fees should you choose this service. Let us know if you have further questions.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 6

Is this an option yet ?

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @Jessi406  and welcome to the Seller Community

At this time, Square Appointments relies on Services and on your available Staff. While you can assign resources like rooms to services you would still need to assign a Staff member to that specific Service and Resource.

I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Hello!  We are a photography studio.  We photograph in many locations, so I've set up all those locations within Square. 

One of our locations has two studios.  I am trying to set up the appointment calendar so clients can book appointments in either of the rooms at this location with a generic staff member (who will be assigned at the time of the appointment).   I am not sure how to do this.  I don't want to allow customers to choose staff members, as schedules vary.  I want them to be able to choose a service (they are all set up) and have Square book it in whichever room is available - so ideally we will have two rooms fully booked at this one location. 

Help!  Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hi @ismilestudios! Thanks for describing your situation. Currently, this type of booking is considered a feature request. But you'll see that kellyj offers a workaround on this thread. Hope it helps you out in the mean time. 

Let us know if any other questions come up!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 6