x
Beta Member

Coupons without a Square Online Store

Hello! We do not have an online store and are just using the Square POS system... How do we create coupons that can be sent to our customer database - that they can use either while booking online or when they come to visit us in-person?

James Wilkinson
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Coupons are only available for use through a Square Online website, @JPWilkinson.

If you'd like to apply discounts when using Square Point of Sale, this guide will walk you through the steps to do so! However, please note that it isn't currently possible for your customers to use discounts when booking their own appointment through your Appointments booking site. We're tracking this feature request here, if you'd like to subscribe to that thread.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

@Valentina thank you for the info. We do not use the online store with Square due to us needing to clean our entire inventory up first - from what we see, all items automatically appear - and there is no way to turn off items in the store - not to mention that we would have to recategorize everything and Square does not all for more than one category for items - which would be much easier for us to add a category called online with a subcategory for the actual category to an item for it to appear.

I also see Square Marketing - which is not available in Canada. If it was, we could use that instead of having to think about how to do coupons... which we need a unified coupon system that does both Appointments and the POS. The customers are the same - we need to market a coupon to all customers that will get them to book a service online or coming in the door for food.

And then what about Square Loyalty - which is available in Canada - would this not work for both the appointment services and the POS side? Because the appointments app is separate from the POS - would this loyalty marketing work for both?

James Wilkinson
Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Within your Square Sync settings, you have the ability to enable or disable the option to Mark newly imported items as โ€œUnavailableโ€ online. If this setting is enabled, your items will not be Visible when you add them to your Item Library. To get to these settings, head to your Square Online editor > Settings > Square sync - that will bring you here, where you'll click the toggle button next to Mark newly imported items as โ€œUnavailableโ€ online:

You'll see this pop-up, and click Yes:

You'll see that the toggle is now ON:

I hope this helps, @JPWilkinson!

๐Ÿ™Œโœจ๐Ÿ˜Œ

In regards to your questions about Loyalty and Marketing and Appointments, you are correct in that Square Marketing is not available in Canada. There is not currently a way for customers to use coupons when booking through your online Appointments booking site, even if Square Marketing were available in Canada. We have been tracking this feature request here.

This snippet from our Support Center article about Square Appointments answers your question about Loyalty and Appointments:

Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 6.24.35 PM.png

I think I answered all of your questions, but please let me know if I misunderstood something ๐Ÿ˜Š

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Thank you for even more info!!! I'll have a look at this more closely in the coming days! Much appreciated!!

James Wilkinson
Message 5 of 5