x

Creating Varients of a product or something similar but with the same price

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to create variant on a product but tie the price to the main product.  For instance I have a particular product that comes in 10 or more colours, but they are all the same price.  Can I create or modify the colours and have them reference the main product price.  In the same thought, when I change a price on the main product have it update all the colours.   

I just would rather not have to manage pricing on a ton of sub categories (colours) of a product.

Tks,

Dave

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @PrettyString! (Do you have a yarn store by any chance?!) 

Hmm, I think the most efficient way for you to update the price for each variation would be to use the export/import tool from your online Square Dashboard. This means you would export a copy of your item library, make changes to the price for all your items/variations in Excel file (or a CSV file) and then upload the file again to import your updated library. 

If I see any other workarounds (or if anyone has any to share feel free to do so) I'll let you know!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Helen ,

I don't have a yarn store, however I am a yarn dyer lol 🙂 If you want to know more message me and we can exchange email addresses and such.

Thanks for the option, that is the direction I've taken.  If anyone has any other suggestions I'm always open to them, but right now I do have a good solution that is working.

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks @PrettyString! I'll keep an eye out for any workarounds for you! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4