x

Excepting payments abroad

Hi I’m travelling with my work and want to be able to take payments direct to my phone is this supported via squareup 

regards Dan 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @Dan123

Great question! At this time, Square Accounts can only accept payments in the country or market in which they are activated. So if your account was created in the United States, you may only accept payments in the United States. 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Yes, very helpful thank you. 
does it look like this may change at some point?

also would it work if I opened another square account linked to an American account with an American address or do I physically need to be in the states when I open it? 

kind regards Dan 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Dan123 - I'm happy to step in here to answer your question.

Cross-border card payments are unsupported. This means that card transactions attempted outside of the country where you activated your Square account can’t be processed with Square. However, you can accept cash transactions while traveling internationally.

You can create multiple Square accounts, each with its own country selection, but a different email address and different identity verification information is required for each account.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4