x

How do I refund a sale?

Hi Helen, i need to refund a sale of a survey that cindy purchased a few months ago. how do i refund a sale

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey there @jimbo1313

Iโ€™m just going to step in for @Helen, whom of which this post seemed to be directed at. 

Issuing a refund isnโ€™t a difficult task to do, and so hereโ€™s a few directionsโ€ฆ

Go to Orders

Select the order that you want to issue a refund on

Then view transaction details

Once youโ€™re there, youโ€™ll see a button to issue a refund, click this and issue your refund! 

If this helped, mark it as best answer, to help others looking for a solution to this in the future : )

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey there @jimbo1313

Iโ€™m just going to step in for @Helen, whom of which this post seemed to be directed at. 

Issuing a refund isnโ€™t a difficult task to do, and so hereโ€™s a few directionsโ€ฆ

Go to Orders

Select the order that you want to issue a refund on

Then view transaction details

Once youโ€™re there, youโ€™ll see a button to issue a refund, click this and issue your refund! 

If this helped, mark it as best answer, to help others looking for a solution to this in the future : )

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 6

Does it allow you to enter the amount you need to refund?  Cause I needed to do a refund today for one item that was purchased at the same time as other items.  unfortunately, I couldn't figure it out on the square terminal so I ended up sending him and etransfer ๐Ÿ˜•

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

You should be able to select the item needing to be refunded, @Kick_Stands_Up ๐Ÿšฒ 

Did you charge the customer for items from your Item Library, or did you enter a single custom amount?

P.S. Welcome back to the Seller Community โœจ

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

I use my cash register to tally each item, then I enter the full amount on my square terminal

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

It sounds like you are entering in a custom amount rather than selecting items from your Item Library, @Kick_Stands_Up.

For Custom Amount transactions, you have the option to refund any dollar amount up to the total amount of the sale.

Let us know if you still aren't seeing this option while processing a refund

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6