x

Merchant account in South Africa, accept US/EU customers

Hi there,

I am keen to use Square to accept credit card payments for my online digital store. Most of my customers are US/EU based. However I live in South Africa, can I still use Square to accept payments from my US/EU customers then withdraw it to my local bank?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @AndrewL,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At the moment Square is available as a card payment processor for businesses in the US, Canada, Australia, Japan and the UK. You can still use our free Point of Sale app to track your sales and run your business, however card payment processing won't be available. For taking payments as a South African business you'd need to find a local card processor, sorry I couldn't be of more help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @AndrewL,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At the moment Square is available as a card payment processor for businesses in the US, Canada, Australia, Japan and the UK. You can still use our free Point of Sale app to track your sales and run your business, however card payment processing won't be available. For taking payments as a South African business you'd need to find a local card processor, sorry I couldn't be of more help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thank you so much! Really excited to use Square in South Africa, even if I can only process US/EU customer accounts.

Have a great one!

Message 3 of 3