x
Beta Member

Serial Numbers on Products

I need to be able to track serial numbers on products.

I have searched the boards but have come up with nothing. I can't believe a POS platform would not offer this feature.

I did add it to a custom attribute but that does nothing but allow you to search. It doesn't keep track or record after the sale.

I have noticed a few features  that are limited in Square. When searching the forums they have been requested for a long time now. Sometimes even 2 years ago. Some features have been implented in the USA but not Canada. I can't believe Square would not update some of these common features.

As much as I love square, I am starting to realize that it is just not suitable for larger business's. Only home based business's.

If I can't implement this simple feature, I will need to find another POS system.

Brian Topolinsky
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for posting, @BrianTopper 

I'm sorry to hear the service is not meeting your current needs. Unfortunately, I do not have any updates on this particular request, but I encourage you to follow this feature request thread. We will make sure to update the thread once we have more information to provide. 

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I am in the same position Brian as all of my hardware has serial numbers and need to be included on receipt for warranty purposes.

This will also ensure that inventory numbers match and makes it easier to receive and control merchandise.

I am also looking around for something else, as I can not connect the square system to my website for payment options.

Up to this point I have loved and recommended square to others since I got my first square block in 2013.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @ShawnAH

Thank you for adding your voice to this Feature Request for expanding the information on your items. As of right now, this is not planned by our Product Team. 

I would recommend posting this over to the Ideate Board, so other sellers can add their voice too. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4