x

Unique price automatic setup payment with chip reader

Hi Everyone, and thanks for looking at my question !

So here it is, I would like to simply stick my square somewhere and it to be activated for a unique price and all the time, is it possible ?

We are not a retail but rather just a creative space where people all know each others, so there aren't much risks, it's just that no one has cash nowadays and the old put a few coins in this box when you take a chocolate bar doesn't work that well anymore !

The square chip and card reader needs to be always waiting for a small payement, and when one is done, get ready for the next one, same pricing all the time.

So is that possible at all ?

Thanks guys !

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Emilien! Welcome to the Community.

At the time, there's not a way to do this but I see with how your business is set up that it could be helpful.

Right now you have to enter the amount or select an item with the amount you want to charge in order for it to come up.

It may be best to create an item and name it whatever good/service your customer is paying for and the customers can select it hit Checkout.

You'd have to be on the trust/honor system though that they would select it and pay before getting the good/service. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2