x

Why doesn't my event show online?

I have created an event, saved it, but when I go to the Online website, edit site, it is not there for me to make it a featured event that I can then publish to my website.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Admin

Hey @lg7! Welcome โœจ

Sorry to hear that. What is your URL?

Message 2 of 14

Message 3 of 14

How do I make my event show upon preview?

Message 4 of 14

My event is marked as 'visible'.

Message 5 of 14
Admin

Which event is it @lg7? I looked on your site - and I'll need to know what category it's not appearing under. 

Message 6 of 14

Event is named: Guest Pass - Linda Gilkeson of West Coast Gardening โ€œResilient Gardens in a Changing Climateโ€. I'm not sure what you mean by category. We don't have separate categories in Square. 

Message 7 of 14
Admin

Hmmm. I'm confused. Is the link you sent me a site powered by Square? If it's not, the event wouldn't show up there:

I would suggest giving our Support Team a call. Apologies for the confusion @lg7! โœจ

Message 8 of 14

No. It is not powered by Square. We do our payments through Square. Under the "Join Us" tab you will see "Payment". Then goes to the Square server (as far as I understand). But that is not where my issue lies.

While still in Square, I have created an event; I saved it; then I went to "Online", then to "Website" then "Edit Site". My event doesn't show up there. I went there to make it a 'Featured Event', which I would then publish. Then it shows up on our website under 'Payment'.

Message 9 of 14
Admin

I understand the confusion here. When you go to Edit Site in the Square Dashboard, that would mean that you're editing your site powered by Square. It will not translate over to your other site powered by a different web host, because they have no way of knowing you've created an event. 

The event is likely showing up on whatever your free Square Online site is. I think I found it here:

https://comox-valley-horticultural-society-101008.square.site/

Message 10 of 14

I don't think that you understand my issue. 

Message 11 of 14

While still in Square, NOT in my website, when I go to the "Online" section, then to 'Website", then to "Edit Site", my event doesn't show up THERE.

Message 12 of 14

I want it to show up in that section of Square so that I can make it a featured event that will THEN show up on my website.

Message 13 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi @lg7 I want to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone. You referenced a website url, https://comoxvalleyhortsociety.ca, but this site is hosted by OVH Hosting. Any edits you are wanting to make will need to be done through the third party host.

Any edits you make through your Square Online website will only show up on this site here; https://comox-valley-horticultural-society-101008.square.site/

Are you somehow linking to your square.site from your main .ca site? We can help you troubleshoot the Event you created, but I want to make sure everyone understands which website you are trying to edit. Thanks in advance.

Message 14 of 14