x

entering inventory into system needs to be more streamlined

I have to say entering in new products is a long process that needs to be more streamlined.  Being a small business owner and wearing many hats, I don't have time to spend entering the same information over and over when I put inventory in the system.  

When entering an item - it should only ask for the vendor, price, cost once per item.  then all you should have to do is fill in the sizes available and the product sku.

Is there any updates coming that will fix this issue?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Shirley4,

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you able to let me know a little more about what information you're finding yourself re-entering? I wonder if duplicating items then editing them might be a solution for what you're trying to do?

Or are you referring to item variations? If you're referring to variations, some fields will need to be filled out again for different variations, even if they contain the same info as a past variation - because the system is designed to be flexible for sellers who want to enter different prices for different variations, I don't think these features are something we'd roll back, as many Square merchants do enter different price points and other information for different item variations!

I hope this makes sense, please let me know if I've misunderstood your request or if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi there,

duplicating an item just means more work.  that is not making the process of entering new inventory easier or quicker.

the supplier/vendor should be a one entry only, as well as the cost and retail pricing.  If the price is different, then change it on the screen once all sizes are entered.  I would think for the most part - the items would be of the same pricing.

thanks

Message 3 of 4

preach!!!!

Message 4 of 4