x

SSL Encryption is a must have in 2017

Hey everybody! It's time to take this request down because Weebly kindly gave everyone an upgrade to SSL quite some time ago already, which is totally awesome and greatly appreciated! Kudos to WEEBLY for this important improvement. I have now phased out all but one of my WordPress sites because hey, who wants to diddle around with hackers and constant updates when Weebly takes care of it flawelessly?! 

My hat's off to the crew at Weebly. I intend to be a customer for a long, long time. All the best!

Message 1 of 152
151 REPLIES 151

Sooo...... when is this actually happening? Because apparently the google update could happen any day and Weebly is in the dark over here saying "Maybe we'll figure out some time to give this matter attention" when your customers are begging and pleading LOL. 

Message 67 of 152
Square

The rollout is happening right now and should be completed pretty soon. We've been emailing people as we do it, so you should get an email. It doesn't hurt to check the Settings tab for your site though, just in case the email was filtered as spam.

Message 67 of 152

THANK YOU

Message 67 of 152

My websites

Hi, Adam
Do all the websites have ssl on them now? My websites still say I have to upgrade? Is there an update to when?

Thanks
George

Message 67 of 152
Square

Many of them do, @geolass, although we aren't finished with the rollout so some do not yet. You should have access to it soon - thanks for your patience!

Message 67 of 152

So how much longer of a wait is it? Still can't use it.
Message 67 of 152
Square

Can you check your account again, @AlexM13? I just checked and it looks like it's been rolled out to you.

Message 67 of 152

How long does the rollout take? It's been more than a day since you posted that response now. My site is a Starter plan site and it still behaves as if I need to upgrade to get SSL. Just wondering how long I should wait before getting concerned. Thank you.
Message 67 of 152

I'm a Pro user for a long time, and i diddn't see any changes in SSL...still upgrade button through payment checkout pages.

Message 67 of 152

Still waiting...no email...just checked settings..nothing...

Meanwhile site is unsecure and I am losing SEO and customer confidence.

When?

Message 67 of 152
Square

Sorry you guys haven't gotten it yet; I don't know when specifically it will be enabled for each of your accounts, though it should be happening soon.

Message 67 of 152

Well I have a 3 websites on my account and one of them got the ssl the other 2 didn't. 

Message 67 of 152
Square

I just replied to your other post about this, @J3FFR3Y - can you check for my reply?

Message 67 of 152

Yes you did, thank you.
Very helpfull!

Message 67 of 152

I have 21 accounts and still nothing. should I wait or worry?

Message 67 of 152

Same here I was told 3 months ago that SSL would now be included but two webpages I have with Weebly still doesn't show as active, more so as an upgrade
Message 67 of 152

same here, nothing. Please, upgrade to ssl
Message 67 of 152

Don't worry! You should see it in your accounts soon.

Thanks,

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 67 of 152

My websites still say I have to upgrade? Is there an update to when? Other than SOON?

Thanks
George

Message 67 of 152

Hi, @geolass!

I'm sorry - I wish I had a better answer for you, but all I have at the moment is "soon." As soon as we hear something more specific, we'll communicate it here.

Thanks for your continued patience.
Erin

Message 67 of 152

Im losing clients fast due to this - I will have no option but to move my sites away from Weebly. Such a shame you didnt see this coming.

Message 67 of 152