x

SSL Encryption is a must have in 2017

Hey everybody! It's time to take this request down because Weebly kindly gave everyone an upgrade to SSL quite some time ago already, which is totally awesome and greatly appreciated! Kudos to WEEBLY for this important improvement. I have now phased out all but one of my WordPress sites because hey, who wants to diddle around with hackers and constant updates when Weebly takes care of it flawelessly?! 

My hat's off to the crew at Weebly. I intend to be a customer for a long, long time. All the best!

Message 1 of 152
151 REPLIES 151
Square

Not a problem, @arc - you should see an ENABLE button now for your site.

Message 153 of 152

Thanks @Adam

The issue now is, my domain name was purchased elsewhere and when I clicked "Enable" it worked but it did not give me the ip address I need to point to per these instructions:

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010923107-Enable-SSL-for-Your-Site

Is there an updated set of instructions I should be using if my site is hosted by Weebly but my domain is somewhere else?

Message 153 of 152
Square

Those are the only instructions we have - I checked and this is the IP address your domain should use: 199.34.228.77

Message 153 of 152

Hi Adam, I have the same problem with my sites MagicMiniDisco.co.uk and DocStrange.co.uk

Please can you help?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Message 153 of 152
Square

Sorry about that, @chrisptee. It looks like our Customer Success team was able to help you with that today.

Message 153 of 152