x

SSL Encryption is a must have in 2017

Hey everybody! It's time to take this request down because Weebly kindly gave everyone an upgrade to SSL quite some time ago already, which is totally awesome and greatly appreciated! Kudos to WEEBLY for this important improvement. I have now phased out all but one of my WordPress sites because hey, who wants to diddle around with hackers and constant updates when Weebly takes care of it flawelessly?! 

My hat's off to the crew at Weebly. I intend to be a customer for a long, long time. All the best!

Message 1 of 152
151 REPLIES 151
Square

I still see the stats widget in the footer of your live site. Did you re-publish after removing that content?

Message 118 of 152

Hello Adam,

I posted twice but it seems like you missed my post. Could you please let me know when this will be rolled out on my website? I'm in the process of launching an e-commerce website and there is no way I can do it without SSL.

I'm actually considering moving to another platform if I don't get SSL soon enough...

Thanks for your help!

Message 118 of 152
Square

Sorry about that, @PaTurquois. It looks like it was rolled out to you at some point after you posted.

Message 118 of 152

Thank you. I have removed the Istats widget, and now it's working! 

Message 118 of 152
Square

@RVdaalen wrote:

Thank you. I have removed the Istats widget, and now it's working! 

That's great!

Message 118 of 152

Thanks for your helping hand! 😉

Cheerz,

Remco van Daalen

www.rvdaalenfotografie.nl

Message 118 of 152

Hi...yes I see it...it worked! Thank you! Chrome says it is secure now. Although our McAfee Security still says it is not a secure site. Is there a way to change that?

Message 118 of 152
Square

@PRisLife wrote:

Hi...yes I see it...it worked! Thank you! Chrome says it is secure now. Although our McAfee Security still says it is not a secure site. Is there a way to change that?

Does McAfee give any details on why it isn't secure? I'm wondering if maybe it's just caching it or something.

Message 118 of 152

So how far away am I form having access to this with deisgner account? 
Also, whne it does roll out will I have to do the redeirects or will those be automatic?

I would appreciate you checking my account for me.

Message 118 of 152
Square

It doesn't look like it has yet, @Elitesocial. Sorry! 

Regarding redirects, yes - when enabled all non-https links will redirect to the https version.

Message 118 of 152

Can you please give a time frame? Will this happen THIS month in November now?
Message 118 of 152

Hello, I have been working on weebly for 3-4 years now. Can I get my SSL too? Paying 300$ only for SSL while WIX for example is doing it for free is insane. 

I am on strict schedule now and going to implement a lot of seo stuff and it will go to waste without SSL.

Otherwise I am switching Smiley Sad

Message 118 of 152

Ok, I am sure you are all aware by now that weebly is "rolling out" SSL certs for all. Some are getting them and some are not.

NB: I have a Pro account (but grand fathered).

So I figured, why not copy my current site and see if SSL will have the option to "enable" rather than "upgrade".

MAGIC, I can now enable SSL on all my old sites. for weebly "FREE"

Message 135 of 152

Awesome, worked for me with my starter plan. I created a copy of my website, changed the website address to the one I wanted to be SSL, then deleted the original website, and then transferred the Starter package to the new copy.

Message 135 of 152

Adam can you please let me know when my account will be switched over to SSL? This is getting ridiculous. Our SEO rankings have plummetted in the last 3 months. Please help.

Message 135 of 152
Square

I just replied to your other post, @cmill.

Message 135 of 152

Just clicked on SSL in settings and its asking for $25. Are you going to advertize 'join weebly and be classed lowest in rankings'

When we are marked with a WARNING we will get nowhere in rankings or visits

People are creatures of habit and when you have such a great site builder they dont want to change but when visitors are effectivly banned from coming its useless. Its like having a great zoo with a warning on the gate saying the animals are running loose Do Not Enter.

Message 135 of 152
Square

We're still rolling this out to free to everyone, @cyberdad60. Can you refresh and try again? It should show an Enable button now.

Message 135 of 152

Thanks Adam

Its working Smiley Happy

Message 135 of 152
Square

Awesome! Glad to hear that. Smiley Happy

Message 135 of 152

Hi Adam,

In my settings for www.lateagain.nl I now have the option to enable SSL, but when I activate it, I get an error message stating "unable to enable SSL for this site" without any guidance on what's wrong or what to do about it.

Could you please look into it?  

I'm also the admin for the designer platform for esdege-reigersdaal.nl, containing around 80 websites that will al have to be fitted with SSL in the near future (ie: Q1 2018). What can you advise me to do about that requirement? 

Kind regards,

Bart Breeschoten

Message 135 of 152