x

SSL Encryption is a must have in 2017

Hey everybody! It's time to take this request down because Weebly kindly gave everyone an upgrade to SSL quite some time ago already, which is totally awesome and greatly appreciated! Kudos to WEEBLY for this important improvement. I have now phased out all but one of my WordPress sites because hey, who wants to diddle around with hackers and constant updates when Weebly takes care of it flawelessly?! 

My hat's off to the crew at Weebly. I intend to be a customer for a long, long time. All the best!

Message 1 of 152
151 REPLIES 151
Square

It looks like your domain should be pointed to this IP instead @BartBreeschoten:

Our certificates are configured for specific IP addresses, so they need to match. Sorry about that!

As for the Designer platform, I don't have a specific ETA on that yet, unfortunately.

Message 135 of 152

Thank you, Adam.

I've changed the A-records in my domainhosts DNS to 199.34.228.50.

I'm now able to activate SSL, but when I do, the connection is marked "not safe" by the browser, because the certificate is generic Weebly and doesn't match the website URL. Does this work only for domains that are hosted by Weebly?

Kind regards,

Bart Breeschoten

Message 135 of 152
Square

Sorry about that - looks like the certificate just needed to be configured again. I've done that for you and your site shows as secure now for me.

Message 135 of 152

When will this be available for pro accounts under the designer platform?

Message 135 of 152
Square

Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA on this for the designer platform @powinnovations. Sorry!

Message 135 of 152

Hello, please advise on how I can incorporate the free SSL that you mentioned that Weebly now offers on my Weebly website. I have a Pro account and do not need a business account, I just need the SSL. Thank you!

Message 135 of 152

Hi Adam - I wasn't logged in last time I left this message, so I am leaving it again...

Please advise on how I can add the free SSL to my website. I have a Pro Account and do not need a business account. Since you stated that Weebly is now offering it, I need to get it on my website. Thank you!

Message 135 of 152
Square

Hi @DigitalPro. You should be able to enable your SSL now. Although you may need to log out and log back in. Thanks!

Message 135 of 152

My account still says it needs to be upgraded.

But i am a pro user for 7 years (more or less).
And except my personal website i host for community-citizen-science-organizations too (for free) and i would like to see the ssl activated.

Message 153 of 152
Square

Can you try again, @kailor? It should show as "enable" now for you.

Message 153 of 152

yes Adam it looks like it works, but to enamble it , i have to change the A record. So when it's ready, if i have any problem i will write here.

Message 153 of 152
Square

Not a problem, @kailor. Once your A record changes propagate it should work fine, though feel free to post again if you see any other issues.

Message 153 of 152

It's now 2018! and Weebly did still not manage to make ssl available for the designer platform. Also the aps are not yet available for the designer platform. And what's about that great update Weebly promised for the designer platform?

Does Weebly not care about those customers, who manage multiple sites and bring new clients?

As others stated, I'm also a Weebly user for years and recomended Weebly to many friends. But now I'm getting upset more and more! There is no active information from Weebly for month and when somebody asks for an ETA, there is always no answer!

I guess it's time to check out other white label solutions!

Does anyone know others?

Message 153 of 152

It's really ridiculous. I have over 20 sites and the worst part is you can't even transfer them to the normal platform, they have to be in different accounts. I would be willing to pay a little to add it but certainly not $25/month per site when they aren't even ecom and other people are getting the same thing for free. It's a shame for loyal customers.
Message 153 of 152
Square

We're really sorry this hasn't been made available yet. It's still our plan to be able to offer SSL to all of our platforms and we thank you for your continued patience. 

Message 153 of 152

I notice that the designer platform customers still don't appear to have acces to SSL, and there has been no ETA on when it may happen. It appears this is solely a billing issue in getting it integrated in.

Is it possible in the meantime for us to upgrade clients to the Business plan which includes SSL, and get a refund back for the price difference? I think that is a reasonable stopgap measure until you do get it integrated in properly.

This then allows clients on teh designer platform to have SSL on their website. Currently Google is ranking websites lower for not having SSL, and it has been standard practice for quite some time for all new websites to have SSL by default.

Message 153 of 152

Is there any kind of ETA for SSL for the designer edition?  I hate to have to move to another provider, but this is affecting my client's business now.

Please update us with some real news.

Message 153 of 152

@Adam. I have the same problem. Weebly site says I have to upgrade for SSL, but I am a Starter user and it should be included. Can you please help

Message 153 of 152
Square

Sorry about that, @robertfrank. You are all set to enable the SSL now. 

Message 153 of 152

Hello,

I'm leaving Weebly if I can't get free ssl certs for my 2 domains - I'm so fed up with waiting. Is this possible please?

Message 153 of 152

@Bernadette @Adam

My site is still requiring an upgrade and I need to get SSL ASAP. Can you please help me out?

Message 153 of 152