x

Why isn't SSL included in Pro Plans?

SSL is the standard for website autheniticy. What most don't realise who use Weebly, your webiste gets rejected by many search engines/servers due not having SSL. Unfortunitely if you don't purchases the 'Business' subscription, you don't get SSL included. SSL should be included with any paid plans. Weebly really needs to consider including this in all there paid plans. Consider this before signing up...

Message 1 of 132
131 REPLIES 131

Sorry i was years and years a Weebly customer, but the SSL discussion did changed my plans. Now i have a own whitelabel CMS and sell it. SSL is for free and there are some great free marketingtools inside! 

www.project77.nl

Message 133 of 132

Hi Adam,

for some reason I can’t enable ssl on my site even though I’m on a pro plan.

www.demonsforge.com.au

Message 133 of 132
Square

Sorry about that, @Demonsforge. You should be good to go now. By the way, I really love some of the tables you have in the furniture section of your Gallery.

Message 133 of 132

@Adam thanks for doing that.

Thanks man Smiley Happy appreciate the compliments, there's a fair bit of work in them!

Message 133 of 132
Square

To bad for me that shipping costs would be astronomical to here in California. Smiley Tongue

Message 133 of 132

Am on a Pro Plan and still no option to enable SSL 😞 

Please assist asap, as wish to embed an online credit card payment option and can;t do so whilst site shows as non-secure!

Thanks

www,sailshantaram.com

Message 133 of 132
Square

Sorry for the trouble, @Millerslocal. If you refresh you should see an ENABLE button for all of your sites.

Message 133 of 132

Thanks so much Adam - much appreciated.

After enabling, so we need to make any changes to header/footer tabs, or in google analytics?

Thanks

Kerry

Message 133 of 132
Square

If you have any widgets or embedded code that are using http instead of https then you'll need to update those. Google Analytics should be fine without needing to do anything. If you're using the Search Console you'll want to add another property using the https address.

Message 133 of 132

Hello,

I would also like to enable SSL on my website www.kirifarms.com.  Can someone help me?  Currently the site is requiring me to upgrade my plan in order to use SSL.

Thanks,
Steve

Message 133 of 132
Square

No problem, @kirifarms. I've made change to your account so you can enable SSL now.

Message 133 of 132

Hi Adam, I would like to have SSL enabled for my sites struthers-church.org visualstat.co.uk and worldshineuk.org but it's asking me to upgrade to do so?

Message 133 of 132
Square

All set @cjcampbell Can you please try refreshing your screen or logging out/logging back in? 

Message 133 of 132

Hi

I would also like to enable SSL on my website www.notarypublickent.com  Can someone help me?  Currently the site is requiring me to upgrade my plan in order to use SSL.

Regards Chris

Message 133 of 132
Square

You should be able to enable now @chrbyr. Thanks for your patience!

Message 133 of 132

Thanks very much

Message 133 of 132
Square

You're welcome! Smiley Happy
Message 133 of 132

Thanks!
Message 133 of 132
Square

You're welcome!

Message 133 of 132

I too have pro plans and I need to upgrade in order to get the SSL. Is there anyway of getting it without having to upgrade as the sites we have are small and we don't need the upgraded plan?

Many thanks

Message 133 of 132
Square

No problem, @UFH - I've made a change to your account so you can enable SSL now.

Message 133 of 132