x

Cannot Get Access To Support for Answer to Question on Downgrading

I have been trying to get in touch with support as I currently have a Business account and plan on moving it for many reasons - one being that it is painful suddenly to get in touch with support.  You type in a chat and wait and wait and there doesn't seem to be a way to email or is no longer intuitively obvious.

I have a business account until Dec 16 and I extended it until Jan 16 as am in the process of moving it from Weebly as the technology is old and half the things that it needs to be in this day in age that competitors have will take forever.  I want to be able to pay by the month and not have the subscription until I get my site over and want to make sure it doesn't auto-renew and I can update by month.  It is not obvious that this is how it is set up as it shows subscription and has my PayPal, but it let me extend until Jan.  I may be through by then but want to make sure I don't get a 300+ bill on Dec 16 as I can't seem to get in touch with a human.   By the way the other vendor's support is fabulous.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hi @rkfischer Sorry to hear you are having a hard time reaching support. Smiley Sad I can try to help you out with your billing issue, though. If you click your name in the top right corner, then Account>My Services you should see the option to turn off the auto renew. Alternatively, I can cancel your plan and you can upgrade to the monthly service. Let me know what you want to do. Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 4

Thank you for getting back to me.

I do not see a renewal option.   

I see business plan (expiration  Jan 16, 2020 (that I extended from  Dec 16) - Payment Method is Paypal and Subscription with Cancel underneath it.

If I hit cancel subscription will it leave it there until my expiration?  I was afraid to do anything without understanding the ramifications as I want to choose a weekend to take it down.  I may have to extend until Feb if I don't get it moved by Jan 16, but am planning for that to be the case.

Message 5 of 4
Square

That is correct. Sorry for not making that more clear. If you click "cancel" it will only turn off the auto renew and not actually cancel the service. 

Message 5 of 4