x

Confirmation email issues

I am having issues with my confirmation emails.  I am selling tickets to a fund raising event, and the confirmation email will serve as the buyers "ticket" to the event.   I have been able to construct the email to an acceptable format.  However, there is some verbiage in the email that does not apply to my paradigm, and I can't figure out how to remove or modify this text.   This is the undesirable text.

Downloads Information

If this event requires a paper ticket or other additional information, it will be sent shortly in a separate email. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Further, I would assume that the confirmation email for an event would contain the event information.  It does not. 

The page to edit the confirmation email contains verbiage that does not show up in the confirmation email.  This section is not editable or removable.   That is extremely confusing.   I saw another post regarding confirmation emails where it is mentioned that this section is meant as an "example".   Examples should save the user time and this "example" has cost me a couple of hours trying to do something with it.   Perhaps you should provide the user with a link to pop-up examples.  At the very least add some words to the "example" section to let the user know that the section cannot be removed or edited.

Last, is there a way to modify the subject of the outgoing email?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Thanks for the feedback, @holtrk85 It's not possible to remove or edit the default text at this time, but I believe it is something we are considering for the future. It's also not possible to edit the subject of the outgoing mail. Are you just trying to personalize it a bit more?

Message 4 of 3

Well, the default text in the edit page is very confusing.  Especially since the text in the edit page is not the same as what is inserted in my outgoing emails.   At the very least add a disclaimer at the top of the section to tell your users that this section is an example and cannot be edited or removed.  That simple addition would have saved me a couple of hours of messing around.  I also had to purchase a large number of $0 items to test my changes.   Your "preview" email does not really match the emails that are actually sent.

As for the subject text, yes I wanted to personalize.

Message 4 of 3