x

How do I add page level og:image so the page itself can be shared separate to the index page?

Hi

I’ve added Facebook and Twitter og:image tags to the footer code of my index page on my website – which is consistent across other pages. This has required me to make a hidden link to the social media image I want shared (a duplicate of the background banner image of the index page), and then use that image address in the og:image code.

However I want to share an individual page with a separate image that relates to that page.  This is so that individual page can be shared from the page, with a different image that applies to the whole website.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
3 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Okay, I see. The og tag was added to your home page (or index page) instead of Settings>SE)>Header. You can add it either way, and if you place a tag with a different image on a separate page it will not interfere with your home page. 

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 12

Best Answer

Hooray! It's worked.

h

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 12
Square

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy I'm not sure if you saw it, but the other option is to add an image to a hidden page. 

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

Hi @HelenB1. If you want to override the site settings you will need to add the same og image tag code to the individual page. Click on Pages>Page Name>SEO Settings>Header Code. 

Message 13 of 12

Thanks so much. Just checking this won't override the og:image code I've added to my index page's footer SEO (pointing to the copy of the banner image I wanted shared)?   

Message 13 of 12
Square

When you say index page are you referring to the home page? Can you please verify the site name so I can check your settings? Thanks! 

Message 13 of 12

Thanks so much for you quick reply.  Website is www.kangaroomatters.org

I've added og:image tags in the footer SEO on the home page, "Open letter".  They are linked to the image file  that I've hyperlinked to two characters (F & T) I've inserted in the footer (I've coloured those two characters the same colour as the background so they can't be seen. This allows me to have the exact image I want shared to social media.

But I now want a different image to be shared from the page, "2019 Canberra statement".

Thanks so much!

Message 13 of 12
Square

Best Answer

Okay, I see. The og tag was added to your home page (or index page) instead of Settings>SE)>Header. You can add it either way, and if you place a tag with a different image on a separate page it will not interfere with your home page. 

Message 13 of 12

Brilliant! Thanks so much.

Message 13 of 12
Square

My pleasure. Smiley Happy Best wishes! 

Message 13 of 12

Best Answer

Hooray! It's worked.

h

Message 13 of 12
Square

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy I'm not sure if you saw it, but the other option is to add an image to a hidden page. 

Message 13 of 12

Oh my - that's far simpler! Thanks so much.

Also my editor page is not opening this morning - and I'm right in the middle of a campaign.  Have cleaned out my cache, tried other browsers, and via incognitor windows and still no joy.

Is there something happening at Weebly level? I need to urgently tweak a design detail.

Thanks again for all your help.

Message 13 of 12
Square

Message 13 of 12