x

How do I add page level og:image so the page itself can be shared separate to the index page?

Hi

I’ve added Facebook and Twitter og:image tags to the footer code of my index page on my website – which is consistent across other pages. This has required me to make a hidden link to the social media image I want shared (a duplicate of the background banner image of the index page), and then use that image address in the og:image code.

However I want to share an individual page with a separate image that relates to that page.  This is so that individual page can be shared from the page, with a different image that applies to the whole website.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

6,234件の閲覧回数
メッセージ1/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告
3 2つのベストアンサー
Square

ベストアンサー

Okay, I see. The og tag was added to your home page (or index page) instead of Settings>SE)>Header. You can add it either way, and if you place a tag with a different image on a separate page it will not interfere with your home page. 

ベストアンサーを見る >

6,212件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告

ベストアンサー

Hooray! It's worked.

h

ベストアンサーを見る >

6,204件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告
Square

ベストアンサー

Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy I'm not sure if you saw it, but the other option is to add an image to a hidden page. 

ベストアンサーを見る >

6,200件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告
11 返信
Square

Hi @HelenB1. If you want to override the site settings you will need to add the same og image tag code to the individual page. Click on Pages>Page Name>SEO Settings>Header Code. 

6,221件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告

Thanks so much. Just checking this won't override the og:image code I've added to my index page's footer SEO (pointing to the copy of the banner image I wanted shared)?   

6,220件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告
Square

When you say index page are you referring to the home page? Can you please verify the site name so I can check your settings? Thanks! 

6,216件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告

Thanks so much for you quick reply.  Website is www.kangaroomatters.org

I've added og:image tags in the footer SEO on the home page, "Open letter".  They are linked to the image file  that I've hyperlinked to two characters (F & T) I've inserted in the footer (I've coloured those two characters the same colour as the background so they can't be seen. This allows me to have the exact image I want shared to social media.

But I now want a different image to be shared from the page, "2019 Canberra statement".

Thanks so much!

6,215件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告
Square

ベストアンサー

Okay, I see. The og tag was added to your home page (or index page) instead of Settings>SE)>Header. You can add it either way, and if you place a tag with a different image on a separate page it will not interfere with your home page. 

6,213件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告

Brilliant! Thanks so much.

6,210件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告
Square

My pleasure. Smiley Happy Best wishes! 

6,209件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告

ベストアンサー

Hooray! It's worked.

h

6,205件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告
Square

ベストアンサー

Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy I'm not sure if you saw it, but the other option is to add an image to a hidden page. 

6,201件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告

Oh my - that's far simpler! Thanks so much.

Also my editor page is not opening this morning - and I'm right in the middle of a campaign.  Have cleaned out my cache, tried other browsers, and via incognitor windows and still no joy.

Is there something happening at Weebly level? I need to urgently tweak a design detail.

Thanks again for all your help.

1,813件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告
Square

1,813件の閲覧回数
メッセージ13/12
不適切なコンテンツを報告