x

How do I change the social icon color? How do I change footer button style?

Two questions regarding my footer:

Everything on my website is black and white, but the footer.

1) Social icon color: They are grey for some reason, and I want them to be black. How?

2) The button: I would like the inverse, where it is just outlined in black instead of the whole thing being black. When I click "Button" under form options for my newsletter form, there is no option to change the look of the button. 

Message 1 of 25
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Try using this in Settings > SEO > Header Code:

<style>
.wsite-social .wsite-social-item {
color: #000000 !important;
}

.wsite-button .wsite-button-inner, .wsite-editor .wsite-button .wsite-button-inner {
background:#fff !important;
color:#000 !important;
}

.wsite-button .wsite-button-inner:hover, .wsite-editor .wsite-button .wsite-button-inner:hover {
background:#000 !important;
color:#fff !important;
}
</style>

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Square

Are you familiar with HTML and CSS, @bear? You can probably change both of those through CSS customizations. To customize your theme, go to the Theme tab and click on Edit HTML / CSS.

Message 2 of 25

I know what they are, but have no experience with them. Can someone walk me through it?

Message 3 of 25

Anyone?

Message 4 of 25
Square

Is your site live, @bear? It'll help our Community members to see the live site, I think.

Message 5 of 25

Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 25

Can anyone help?

Message 7 of 25

Can someone help please?

Message 8 of 25

Best Answer

Try using this in Settings > SEO > Header Code:

<style>
.wsite-social .wsite-social-item {
color: #000000 !important;
}

.wsite-button .wsite-button-inner, .wsite-editor .wsite-button .wsite-button-inner {
background:#fff !important;
color:#000 !important;
}

.wsite-button .wsite-button-inner:hover, .wsite-editor .wsite-button .wsite-button-inner:hover {
background:#000 !important;
color:#fff !important;
}
</style>
Message 9 of 25

Do I copy and paste this, or change the code to look like that
Message 10 of 25
Square

I'm pretty sure you can copy and paste that code into the Header Code field like @BJ mentioned.

Message 11 of 25

It worked!

Message 12 of 25

Thanks!!!

Message 13 of 25
Square

Glad to see someone had a solution for you!

Message 14 of 25

Message 15 of 25

Hi there! Appreciated this code, as it helped me too! I'm also trying to change the size of the social icons in my footer. Any advice? Site: www.BodmerFamilyFootcare.com

Thank you!!

Message 16 of 25
Square

Those look like regular image elements, @freebirdpaperie. If you have the original images still you could probably change the color of them with an image editing program.

Message 17 of 25

I ended up creating my own icons in Adobe Illustrator so I could entirely customize their color and size. Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 25
Square

Ahh - definitely a solid solution. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 25

@Adam

Question:  Why do my social icons not show in my subcatagory pages?  I have updatd the color to what it should be, it only highlights on hoover in the editor, but on the live site it's not even a clickable image, not even when you hoover over the area. 

Message 22 of 25
Square

Hi @HeartcraftPaper Can you please post a link to your site so we can take a look? Thanks so much!

Message 22 of 25