x

How do you lay out the audio players on the page? I have many.

Hi,

I get how to upload an audio file, but I'm having a lot of difficulty trying to place them on the page.  I put five text boxes across each row.  The top row has these labels in the text boxes:  Topic, Date, Length, File Size, Play.  The text boxes under the heading "Play" are the ones where I thought I would upload each individual audio file.  I have 21 recordings to put on the page.

- How did you lay out the page?  

- Will the audio players/files fit in the text boxes?  Mine won't go in.  

- Finally, are the audio players/files supposed to be fully open (play button on top, blue line underneath, track title under that)?  They take up a LOT of room.

I am assuming there is an easier way to do this.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hey @Cyathea!

Are you trying to use an Audio element with the Tables app?  That app is designed to be used only with text, so you won't be able to drag an audio element into it.

I think what might work better is to use columns.  Drag your audio element to the page, then drag next to it a text element.  In that text element put all the relevant info for that audio file (date, length, etc).  Then repeat this underneath for the next one and so on.  This should be easy to read on your desktop site, and should also stack in a way that makes sense on your mobile site.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Best Answer

Hey @Cyathea!

Are you trying to use an Audio element with the Tables app?  That app is designed to be used only with text, so you won't be able to drag an audio element into it.

I think what might work better is to use columns.  Drag your audio element to the page, then drag next to it a text element.  In that text element put all the relevant info for that audio file (date, length, etc).  Then repeat this underneath for the next one and so on.  This should be easy to read on your desktop site, and should also stack in a way that makes sense on your mobile site.

Message 2 of 5

Thanks, Adam!  I ended up doing something like that (2 of them, side by side, with the info below), but think I'll do it over the way you suggest.

ARCHIVE

I saw your suggestion to someone else about creating an archive.  What exactly is that, and will it mess up my formatting?  Maybe there's an explanation somewhere on this site what it is and does?  

Message 3 of 5
Square

@Cyathea wrote:

Thanks, Adam!  I ended up doing something like that (2 of them, side by side, with the info below), but think I'll do it over the way you suggest.

ARCHIVE

I saw your suggestion to someone else about creating an archive.  What exactly is that, and will it mess up my formatting?  Maybe there's an explanation somewhere on this site what it is and does?  

Was the archive in reference to a blog or the whole site?  I'm not sure what I was advising on. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5

"Was the archive in reference to a blog or the whole site?  I'm not sure what I was advising on."

Sorry, about that!  I was wondering how archiving would affect audio files that I'm uploading on my page.  I have about 21 of them.  

- What is archiving, and what would it do, if anything, to my formatting and audio files?  (I believe I read I would have to do this in order to allow people to download a recording from my site.)

Can I archive just my audio files?

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5