x

Site domain not connected after 48 hours

Hello,

I hope I can get help here. I followed the instructions to connect my third party domain to a Weebly instance. It's been more than 48 hours since I did so, but instead of my site I get a Weebly 404 error. I know it's a Weebly 404 because it contains a link to Weebly's homepage.

Because the 404 is from Weebly, I can tell that my domain's DNS is clearly sending traffic to Weebly, but Weebly's servers aren't displaying the site. I've triple checked that the IP addresses in the DNS are the same ones Weebly's domain connection utility provided me. In other words, I don't think it's a DNS issue. I think it's a server hangup.

When I log into the admin interface and look at domains, it shows me a green bar saying that that the domain has been successfully connected, but warns that it may take more 24 hours to propagate. It's been more than 48 hours now.

On that same page it shows a table with the domain name (rfandp.org) and the status ("not connected"). At the far right is the "Manage" button for the domain.

When I click on the "Manage" button, it does not show the site as connected, despite what the green bar said. The manage interface allows me to go through the steps of connecting to an existing Weebly site, and selecting the site, but when I select my site and press save it just goes back to a previous screen showing no site selected or connected.

When I publish the site, it tells me it has been published to www.rfandp.org, but when I click that link it gives me the Weebly 404 error again.

Any help gratefully accepted. I really need to get this website up.

James

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @jdm3,

We are able to see that the website is published but the SSL was not enabled. We were able to turn that on for you, so you should see the website as intended now. If it continues to give you trouble, please give us a shout!

Also, welcome to the Seller Community! 🥳 We are so happy to have you here. While you are here, we recommend checking out our Orientation & Etiquette. Hope this helps! 😊

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2