x

Welcome Thursday: August 24th ๐Ÿ“š

Hello Seller Community! ๐Ÿ˜

Welcome to this weeks edition of Welcome Thursday! It's that time of year when the kids are back in school and we set our sights on the upcoming holiday season. ๐Ÿค“  ๐Ÿ“  ๐Ÿ“˜  ๐ŸŽƒ

giphy (7).gif

I would really appreciate it, if you took a little time out of your day to help me welcome some new members that have joined over the past week! 

Newbies, please take the time to introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your business! If you do not see your name listed below, still say hello! ๐Ÿ˜„  ๐Ÿ‘‹

@jewels

@bluegroup

@dreaedwards28

@male1950

@Nic29

@Agent

@heartlandcoop

@Lisamarie1945

@Merdedes

• Remember to give out likes for posts โค๏ธ  and mark great responses with "Best Answer". โœ…  Learn more in our community orientation
  • If you have questions or comments about running your business or Square, please post! We'd love to hear what you have to say. 
  • We have a great thread on Building your Contract with Square. Having signed contracts are great for protecting yourself from chargebacks.

Cheers and thanks for joining the community! 

Chad

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Hello Square & friends!

My name is Donna and I live in Minnesota.  My background is in marketing and IT.  For fun in the summer, my husband and I are beekeepers. We use Windows phones and sell the honey at a local farmers market on Saturdays. We like the security of the platform and durability of our Nokia phones.  Our business computers run the Windows OS and we work on them all the other days of the week!

There seems to be few or no services in the mobile credit card space for us!  Help us Square!  We are looking for small merchant credit card processing services on the go.

Best regards,

๐Ÿ˜„

Message 2 of 12

Hello @bluegroup, welcome to the Seller Community! I love having honey as a sweet snack. ๐Ÿ

Currently we don't have any plans to expand to Windows mobile or tablet devices. To be honest, I don't think we will ever support windows devices now that Microsoft has stopped support for Windows phone 8.1 earlier this year. 

Square is compatible with a number of Android and iOS devices, If you ever consider making a hardware change. ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 3 of 12

Chad, I appreciate the reply. Having checked the message boards, we are not alone. It seems there is a sizeable market for your product for Windows users. We use Windows 10 in many of our system machines, so that is not the issue. Our phones will be soon be windows 10, also.

Message 4 of 12

Hi, I am brand new here just joined a few days ago and feel as if I am foundering. I have lots of questions about setting everything up and posted a couple of questions in other threads. Therefore if you see my questions and can help, please do! I am happy that I found the community and look forward to hopefully growing along with Square. I am an artist who is a nature lover. Therefore all my work is nature themed and created on natural surfaces. Currently, I am only interested in using Square for craft shows. I am considering doing a few indoor shows since I already tried the outdoor shows and when one leaves in the northeast, you never know what the weather will be like!  I also sell on another online venue but have not had success.  

Message 5 of 12
Alumni

Welcome to the Square family, @Jewels1!

You're definitely in the right place! The Community was created as a space for you to find support not only through us, but also from your fellow Sellers as they share their first-hand experiences in using our products. We hope you find it to be a useful tool in your business journey and wish you continued growth/success.

Looking forward to seeing you online more. ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿผ

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 12

I do like the vibes I am getting from this Community.

Message 7 of 12

Hi there, i am also very new, so am just diving in. I am writing down my questions and am still reading like mad. I too am an artist and art consultant. ( here is a question! do we get to share our websites here? or do we just need to go searching profiles?)

just wondering. Just wanted to say cheers.

Michelle

Message 8 of 12
Alumni

Thanks for asking, @BeArtSmart

Our Community Etiquette Guidelines do allow you to share a link to your business when it makes sense in a conversation, but please don't post direct promotions or otherwise spam the group. ๐Ÿ‘

Message 9 of 12

Thanks so much Russell for the handy link. also i like manners. cheers. 

Message 10 of 12

How can we find individual businesses? Currently, I will not be selling online, but would like to see and possibly support others.๐Ÿ›

Message 11 of 12
Alumni

Hi @Jewels1 - we don't maintain a public listing or marketplace for Square sellers at this time. Do feel free to collaborate with other businesses that use Square here on the community though. ๐Ÿ‘

Message 12 of 12