x

Seeking connection to upscale Boutiques

Hi, I'm Jen, a rhinestone artist. I make rhinestone "bling" tumblers & candle lids.  Coming soon I'll also offer Disney, Hello Kitty & kids cups.

I'm seeking connection with up-scale boutique & store owners that would be willing to sell my bling tumblers. 

We can work out a special price to purchase, therefore, more $ in your pocket. 

If interested in this, please reach out to me. 

Please visit my Etsy shop:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeachBlingzandThingz

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@BLINGZANDTHINGZvery pretty! These must take a long time to make, the craftsmanship is incredible! I have a few tips to maybe help make some connections to boutiques. First, scout out the kind of shops you think would be a good fit for your items. Search social media, especially Instagram and start following and liking posts from those boutiques. You can begin to connect and comment on their posts, and then reach out and see if those shops would have an interest in your work. Just don't feel bad about rejection...it will happen if you start putting yourself out there, but eventually you'll find some stores.

Also begin to think about what makes your items unique (and why boutiques should buy your items). You'll need to express those unique selling points when you begin chatting with a new potential store. And also think about what $$ you'll be able to sell these for...keep in mind that most stores will want or need to mark up your "wholesale price" 50% to reach their "retail price". If you haven't already, make a list of your supplies and how much it costs you to make each item...and remember to add in your TIME to make it, so you'll be giving yourself a "salary". That is, if you want to turn into a full time business. Many just enjoy being a Maker, and that's awesome, just some points to keep in mind if you ever want to shift into something more full time.

And don't give up! Figure out what makes you and your work unique, and keep making connections! Good luck!

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Champion

Best Answer

@BLINGZANDTHINGZvery pretty! These must take a long time to make, the craftsmanship is incredible! I have a few tips to maybe help make some connections to boutiques. First, scout out the kind of shops you think would be a good fit for your items. Search social media, especially Instagram and start following and liking posts from those boutiques. You can begin to connect and comment on their posts, and then reach out and see if those shops would have an interest in your work. Just don't feel bad about rejection...it will happen if you start putting yourself out there, but eventually you'll find some stores.

Also begin to think about what makes your items unique (and why boutiques should buy your items). You'll need to express those unique selling points when you begin chatting with a new potential store. And also think about what $$ you'll be able to sell these for...keep in mind that most stores will want or need to mark up your "wholesale price" 50% to reach their "retail price". If you haven't already, make a list of your supplies and how much it costs you to make each item...and remember to add in your TIME to make it, so you'll be giving yourself a "salary". That is, if you want to turn into a full time business. Many just enjoy being a Maker, and that's awesome, just some points to keep in mind if you ever want to shift into something more full time.

And don't give up! Figure out what makes you and your work unique, and keep making connections! Good luck!

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info
Message 2 of 7

Thank you for those insights & ideas. I will definitely do those. 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

I'm so glad you jumped in here to share, @HC_Charlie ! I knew you'd be the perfect person to respond after our conversation about getting custom made items into other retailers. Thanks so much for sharing your expertise, and I can't wait to post our interview within the next few months!

๏œ๏ธ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 4 of 7
Admin

Tagging some boutique owners in the Community as well for their insight!  @CLW and @CeoPosh ๐Ÿ™Œ

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 5 of 7
Square Champion

@BLINGZANDTHINGZ loving the Stanley Bling Tumbler, we were only discussing exactly this product for a photoshoot we are doing. 

Unfortunately we are based in the UK but good luck with the product it looks great!

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 6 of 7

Hi there, 

Thank you for compliment, all my products are handmade by me, with love. 

If there's a way I could get my product to you, you can do photoshoot. Thoughts?

Message 7 of 7