x
Admin

Welcome to the Artists and Makers group! ๐ŸŽจ ๐Ÿงถ ๐Ÿงต

Hi, everyone! Welcome to the Artists & Makers group in Seller Community! Whether you're selling your work or selling items made by others, this is the group for you. You can use this space to ask questions and share tips, knowledge, ideas, and more. 

If you're new to the group, please reply here and introduce yourself or start a new thread about anything you want! 

If you haven't already joined the group, visit the group home page and click the Join Group Hub button. We're looking forward to getting to know you and your business! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 147
146 REPLIES 146

Hello folks,

My name is Mark, Iโ€™m from the English Lake District and I make bentwood rings.

My website is www.ammonitestudio.co.uk

CF2F3F55-1412-4F00-9252-4C0604D8CFEE.jpeg
Above are two Welsh slate wedding rings that I have just completed.

Looking forward to being a part of this group.

Mark.

Message 64 of 147
Super Seller

Your pieces are beautiful....

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 65 of 147

I started Lavender Heart Treasures after working with polymer clay and other crafts with my granddaughters doing a weekly "craft night" over the computer. I make jewely, keychains, charms and sculptures out of polymer clay. I also make scenes on bottle caps and in walnut shells (yes, they're small). I love plants also and have been making terrariums for fun (not for sale on my web site due to shipping them). To me the hardest part is marketing. I don't know how to get more views on Facebook and Instagram. 

Thank you for the invitation. 

Message 66 of 147

Hi! Thank you for this group ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I am a resin crafter and make resin tumblers and gifts, and am expanding in resin ocean/wave art. I have been selling my crafts for a few years, mostly thru word-of-mouth. My crafting partner is my teenage daughter, who makes bracelets, necklaces, Perler bead items and is an anime style artist. We are new to Square and still trying to figure things out and setting up shop. I look forward to learning from this group ๐Ÿ˜Š

Message 67 of 147

Hi Everyone,

I've been making jewelry for around 10 years.

My husband and I own Seaside Stones. We are dealers at gem and mineral shows across the country and we sell online. We have a brick and mortar as well, but we are closing it in about 6 weeks. We specialize in cabochons, jewelry that we make with our cabs, and cool rocks (carvings, towers, spheres, etc.)

Cheers, 

Theresa

Cheers, Theresa
Message 68 of 147
Super Seller

How fun!!!

We sell a lot of products from small makers- typically jewelry- but we also make our own products (intention oils, room sprays)..

So eager to see what everyone creates!

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 69 of 147
Beta Member

Hello! Thanks for making the group. My name is Julian, from cain clothing. We specialize in luxury unisex clothing and accessories right now. I also make concrete furniture, candles, sculptures and more that ill be encorporating into my company soon when I get a brick and mortar store set up. 

Message 70 of 147
Beta Member

Hi I'm Tina and I started selling at my first little craft fair in the backyard of a friend of my mom's at 5 years old!  We used to always have garage sales and I learned at a young age how to make money๐Ÿ˜‰ My friends and I would have holiday boutiques. When I started driving and when I wasn't working, I would sell at craft fairs in parks and such. At that time I was selling ornaments, some handmade jewelry, fudge, peanut brittle. I discovered a candy/cake making supply shop. They had plastic molds for candy making. I thought...a-ha..and I began making magnets in various fruit shapes with plaster of paris.. I also discovered some tiny molds that were used for making tiny embellishments for cupcakes.  I thought...a-ha...earrings!!! So I made Christmas themed earrings! I sold at various craft fairs and I even consigned at a coffee/gift shop in the local shopping mall๐Ÿ˜ƒ I started going to Jr. College in addition to working so I put all of it on the back burner.  Later, I became full-time at my job..so I didn't sell for some time. Became part-time again when I married and began selling Christmas ornaments and wreaths.  Then...I saw a book in the kid's section (of all things) at Michael's called "Paper Clip Jewelry".  It had all sorts of wire jewelry made out of paperclips! I thought..a-ha...I'm going to make jewelry out of wire๐Ÿ˜ƒ I started an Etsy shop and called it On the Edge Designs..because my earrings were "edge-y" and geometrical. I sold consignment here and there. Fast forward (yeah, I probably should have fast forwarded a long time ago๐Ÿ˜) Today I am retired, I have 2 Etsy shops and I sell every Thursday and one Saturday a month in a local park. I also sell at various church fairs, pop-up shops and holiday boutiques. I agree with Charlie...I imagine this will get old after awhile. I have a couple consignment opportunities in the works. Sorry for such a long story,  but maybe I'll spark the entrepreneurial spirit in some of you!

Message 71 of 147

Hello, I'm a fairly new business owner. Although I've opened my business about 2-3 years ago I'm new to owning a website. But my website provides wire wrapped crystals, I've always been a person connected to the spiritual energies of crystals and I've adored arts and crafts since I was young so creating something like this made me feel passionate about something that nothing else does. Not to make this all sad, but, My grandmother passed away Christmas Day when I was about 13, the only thing she left for me was her jewelry supplies and ever since then I knew that this was my connection to something I'd love and someone I love. so If any new business owners that love wire wrapping, I'm open to any questions. And don't be afraid to check out my website: lunaandcraft.square.site

Message 72 of 147

Morning everyone,

My name is Sam and Iโ€™m the Owner of Off the Slopes located in Breckenridge, Colorado.

We do a little bit of everythingโ€ฆ Creating custom wall art out of steel and wood, custom laser engraving and much more 

I have a small retail store as well as am trying out different markets this summer

check out my website.  Open for any advice.  Also Open for wholesale orders if you see something that would fit on your shop.  Can customize anything!

Sam

720-254-6077

info@offtheslopes.com

www.offtheslopes.com

Message 73 of 147

thanks for adding me. My name is Chris and I am an artist. I primarily do retro and 80's style designs. But I am also a Certified Bob Ross painting instructor. I mainly do fundraisers and private parties, but I am hoping to be able to open my own studio / teaching space in the next year.

me-front.jpgding.jpg

Cheers!

Let's put a little tree right here.
Message 74 of 147

Greetiings @ElisabethB and all you other glorious makers and promoters!  My name is Ken and I am a long time graphic artist and illustrator.  Currently I am focusing on making 1 inch button charm products because I have a vast library of icons I would like to bring to market, but I also make an array of other print design products as well.  I also offer general design and illustration services including 3D modeling.

Anxious to put it all together and start selling but I have a ton of questions before spending my limited budget.  Looking forward to being part of the community and lending any help I can to others.

Best!

Message 75 of 147

Hello!  My husband and I own a brick and mortar artisan retail shop just east of Nashville, TN called Public Square Marketplace.  We have 26 local artisan / makers and about a dozen others I buy wholesale from.  We opened in November 2020 and so far are going strong.  We also own a full sign production company that we run from our home.  That business is in it's 17th year.  The pandemic actually helped our business model, as does our location (the fastest growing county in Tennessee) as Nashville is one of the top growth cities in the US right now.  We are located in a historic district that is active and growing like crazy.  The artisan / maker movement is strong here and we are happy to be a part of it.  Looking forward to connecting with other artisan / makers!

Message 76 of 147

Hello and thank you for the invite!  My name is Angel, and I have several businesses.  I started Midwest Creative Alliance as a means for art space management at a coffee shop. During the pandemic, we did "Create & Coffee" sessions (like a paint and sip, but smaller class sizes, and more 'art education' focused).  That has had people asking for more of them AFTER the pandemic! ๐Ÿ˜„   

Always seeking artists for display at the art space - preferably Kansas City Area (displays are changed out monthly), and responses have been really GOOD so far. Hoping to get enough artists built up to do a pop up event in the fall of 2022.   Any insights from those who have Planned a Pop Up event is always helpful.   Thank you!

Angel

Creative Collaboration with the Community
Message 77 of 147

Hello Everyone! As the name implies, I create outdoor products. Hoods for hunters, bikers, motorcyclists, kids, and pretty much anyone dealing with cold weather... especially icy cold weather conditions for extended periods of time. My purses have a reputation for their longevity compared to all other purses.  They take their licks while still looking new and most are machine or hand washable.

Other items I produce are embroidered patches for hunters, police, fire fighters, business owners, Bikers of all types. My patches are specially made to withstand use and abuse of the outdoors unlike other patch makers' patches and embroidery. Besides embroidering some of my purses, I also embroider on leather, vinyl and other materials for motorcycle seats, vests, jackets, signs, outdoor canopies, outdoor/indoor pillows, decorations, etc. Looking to do more wholesaling of my patches.

Message 78 of 147

Hi BallZoutdoors,

I would love to make a trade with you.  I need some embroidery done.  I own the layout so that will probably help.  Let me know if you are interested.

You can contact me through my website artistrybylorihaley.com.

Lori

Message 79 of 147
Admin

Great connect @ArtistryBLH ! I have a feeling that @BallZoutdoors missed your reply since you did not tag them. Hoping this comment brings you both together ๐Ÿ™‚ 

๏œ๏ธ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 80 of 147

Hello Everyone, I am Kevlyn a Stained Glass, Lampwork Glass &  Silver Jewelry maker in Washington state.  I sell my items at Art & Craft Shows, I produce Arts and Craft shows and manage shows for an Art Group I belong to.

Message 81 of 147

Howdy! I'm Ashe Skyler, an artist from rural Alabama. I've been doing fine art portraits and custom artwork since 2010. My website is at art.raven-wing.net. Since my employees at my main job have all retired, I've been considering converting one of the spare offices into a tiny art shop/gallery and a more official place to meet for the rare local sales I do, but time will tell how that goes.

art.raven-wing.net
Fine Art Portraits
Message 82 of 147

Well, I just got a nasty email from Square saying they don't want my kind of business here, my payments will be frozen for 90 days, and that they're going to deactivate my account. I have sold one house portrait on Square. I'm not sure what's so scandalous about houses or fine art, but, fair warning to anybody else who is an artist on here. If anybody's curious, here are examples of my contraband: http://raven-wing.net/gallery/tags/Houses

Take care of yourselves. Hope you're all successful, and accepted by this strangely picky company. I'm off to find a new card processor for two businesses now, as I had been using Square at my accounting firm for over five years. I see no point in continuing with them at my main job.

art.raven-wing.net
Fine Art Portraits
Message 83 of 147
Beta Member

Have you tried submitting a support ticket to ask for someone to look into why your account is being suspended?

Geek In Stitches, Beta Member
Square Shop
Social Media Hub
Message 84 of 147