x
Admin

What's been the best tactic to attract the BEST customers?

Hey Beauty Community! I'm Hailey from the seller community team. 

My friend is a new hair salon owner in a small town (made the move from working at a salon in the city to running her own biz out of her house). I was wondering if you had any tried and true methods for attracting fantastic customers?

I thought that by asking here, it might also help anyone who sees this thread 😊 

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

@Bronze_Palms @SiBellebeauty @ToriHairnSugar any advice? 

️ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 2 of 9
Square Champion

Hey,

I own two beauty salons and I would say 95% of our clients are our dream clients. I am very active on social media, being true to myself so I attract people that like me (although my team of therapists do most of the treatments).

People buy into people and you will find your people if you show up and stand out. Give clients a reason to choose YOU!!

Hope that helps x 

Lois
Si Belle Beauty
www.sibellebeauty.com
Message 3 of 9
Admin

I love this and totally agree! I think my friend has found and kept all of her best clients through her being very herself on her social accounts. Its a great reminder to keep it up even when times get busy! I will pass this along. Thank you @SiBellebeauty 

️ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 4 of 9
Square Champion

Cool people hangout with cool people.  So ask for referrals!  Ask your favorite clients to share your work on social to help get more of their friends in.  Also, don't be afraid if someone isn't a good match for you to "fire" them as a client.  The longer the relationship goes on and isn't working the more of a problem it will be.  Sometimes personalities just don't match and we all know that right away.  Refer them to another salon instead of twisting yourself in knots trying to solve something you just can't.

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 5 of 9
Admin

Referrals are the best! She actually ran a referral competition in attempt to give back to her current customers while trying to get new ones. It was simple: every person you refer who books, your name goes into a draw for a complementary cut + style 

Such great insight around "firing" clients who arent the right fit! I will pass all of this along @Doran thank you!

️ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 6 of 9

I have to agree with the other ladies replies - my salon runs off my regular ladies. Great salon retention and referrals. I always ask my new clients how did you find me and majority of the time it’s from asking their friend where their hair is done and they send them my way. Others are google searches - then they look at my socials. 
I wish your friends the best of luck 🫶🏼

Message 7 of 9
Admin

Thank you so much for this @ToriHairnSugar !!! I will definitely pass this insight (and well wishes) along to my friend 😊 

I think you're all so right in that referral business generates the BEST new customers. Just thinking now - my partner is a contractor and his best clients are referrals from other customers who then check his instagram and website for picture evidence of his work lol . The interest he generates from Google is never as good of quality. 

️ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 8 of 9
Square Champion

Thank you for the tag! I would say reach out to all of your followers on social media. Talk to them about what you offer and see if you can answer any of their questions. They followed you for a reason; I would consider social media followers "warm leads".

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Square Champion - Expert
instagram.com/bronzepalms
Message 9 of 9