x
Admin

Send more of your F&B Questions for Square's new Food and Beverage Podcast

Square is recoding episodes for a brand new Food and Beverage Podcast, Tipped. We are collecting REAL seller questions that can be answered by our guests on the show. Please reply to the thread for your question to have the chance of being featured on Tipped

Please ask any questions you have about:

• starting an online-first or ghost kitchen business
  • how to expand from online to brick-and-mortar
  • bringing in new technology to optimize and grow your business 

If your  question is answered on the podcast, we’ll promote your name, business, and business location, unless you’d prefer to stay anonymous.

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Another NEW episode is being recorded. Please ask any questions you have about expanding a business HERE

️ Hailey
Square Seller Community

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Beta Member

Can square for restaurants take a credit card and hold the information while a guest is drinking and eating, then if the person leaves without paying…. charge the card that is on file?

rick king

black forest

Message 2 of 18
Beta Member

We need a food item label. So, we can label our to-go container.

Message 3 of 18
Super Seller

You can find food label designers on Fiverr. 

Message 4 of 18
Beta Member

At one of my shops I have Square Register and purchased the Bar Code reader to go with. What is it for? It doesn't appear to read gift card bar or QR codes which would be really handy.

Message 5 of 18
Beta Member

When will online discounts that are linked to the automatic pos discounts be added so our offers and discounts can be streamlined and offered online as well as instore

Message 6 of 18

What's the best course of action to move a beverage company from B2C (markets/ pop-ups) to B2B sales? 

Message 7 of 18
Super Seller

Find a local, independent store like a coffee shop or co-op, even a small grocery store that's been in the neighborhood would be great, walk in, ask to speak to the owner or buyer, introduce yourself, talk about your brand a little bit, and ask if it's ok that you leave samples with them. When I was starting out, I was afraid to do this so I called around to 2-3 co-ops in my city before doing walk-ins. On the first call I asked for the buyer, introduced myself, told him about my product and that I was local, starting out, and would love the opportunity - he said yes to me bringing samples and picked up my product the next week.

Once you're in 2-3 stores it gets easier to convince other stores to pick your product up because you've got a little bit of a track record. You can use data from the previous store to convince the next. Practice talking to the buyers makes you better. Always a good idea to go in and walk through the store, read up on it, and figure out where they may be lacking too so you can include that in your pitch. The more you do it the better you'll get at it. You'll be an expert in no time! Good luck! 🙂 

Message 8 of 18
Beta Member

When will the restaurant app have ingredients and recipes so we can stock track accurately, for example in cocktails, draught sizes pints, half, spirits etc 

Message 9 of 18

How do small beverage companies find a reliable/trustworthy food manufacturer? What's the process? Estimated cost associated?

Message 10 of 18
Super Seller

This is tough. Do you mean a copacker to make your products for you? Join a few CPG groups on LinkedIn and Clubhouse. Chat with others. Get referrals and references. That would be my advice. Copackers can be helpful but they can be risky and very expensive too. Also, once you hand over making your product to someone else you'll be free to spend your time making sales and such but it may become harder to get into some stores that value hand-crafted, local, and/or specialty items. Make sure you need a copacker and that your margins and savings in case you have one or more bad production runs are where they need to be before making that leap. 

Message 11 of 18

I went from selling online to brick-and-mortar. If you need any speakers , i am willing to speak about my experience. 

Message 12 of 18
Super Seller Alumni

What do you think will be the next disruptor in the restaurant industry?

Message 13 of 18
Super Seller Alumni

What role do you feel startups in food and beverage play, and how can they best connect with restauranteurs?

Message 14 of 18
Super Seller Alumni

How important is understanding your own 1st party and 3rd party data, and how should you be utilizing it?

Message 15 of 18
Super Seller Alumni

Do you recommend working with social media marketing companies or going the more organic approach.

Message 16 of 18
Admin

Best Answer

Another NEW episode is being recorded. Please ask any questions you have about expanding a business HERE

️ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 17 of 18

Now how do I get my account up and active to be able to pay my bills water and everything is off can you get me by on the next step

Message 18 of 18