x

Bakery Chain in Germany

We would like to use Square for a bakery chain in Germany. We understand Square payment processing is not yet supported, but is it an option to start with Square hardware and software and use our current payment provider until Square launches in Germany?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your first post @BoelsBakery, and for your interest in Square. Welcome to the community! 

While Square hardware is only approved for use in the country in which it's sold and intended to be used, the Square Point of Sale app is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play in most countries. With the Square app you can record cash, cheque and other tender payments. 

For more information on international availability, you can check out this article

While we don't currently support card payments outside of the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, France and Spain, we are working towards introducing our payment processing services to other countries. 

If you have any questions, just let me know! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your first post @BoelsBakery, and for your interest in Square. Welcome to the community! 

While Square hardware is only approved for use in the country in which it's sold and intended to be used, the Square Point of Sale app is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play in most countries. With the Square app you can record cash, cheque and other tender payments. 

For more information on international availability, you can check out this article

While we don't currently support card payments outside of the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, France and Spain, we are working towards introducing our payment processing services to other countries. 

If you have any questions, just let me know! 

Message 2 of 4

If you're looking for a pilot project, we happily volunteer!

Message 3 of 4
Admin

We appreciate the offer, and hopefully we'll be able to take you up on it in the future. 

We'll share any new market updates on squareup.com/news.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 4 of 4