x
Beta Member

Can I use different picture for items in for my Square Online site?

Hi,

Would I be able to use different pictures for items in my Square Register and Online Store?  For ordering purpose, I put item's numbers as picture for all the items.  It's easier for me to pick the item.  

In the online store, it also shows item numbers as item picture.  I'd like to change that to item name or pictures but that'll also make changes on my Square Register.  

Is there any way I can keep different images for items in Square Register and online store?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Yep, from the Online Store Dashboard, go to Settings > Square Sync > disable Square Product Images so any primary image uploaded for your site won't reflect in your Register. 

@Chrishawaii3619

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Best Answer

Yep, from the Online Store Dashboard, go to Settings > Square Sync > disable Square Product Images so any primary image uploaded for your site won't reflect in your Register. 

@Chrishawaii3619

Justin
Message 2 of 11
Beta Member

Hi @JustinC 

Thank you so much for your help!

Chris 

Message 3 of 11
Alumni

Glad to help 😉

Justin
Message 4 of 11

What photo size and format is required to be able to upload to online store?

Message 5 of 11
Beta Member

Hi @dslivka 

Not sure about the size but I all upload small size photos like around 500kb.  I use jpeg format.  

Message 6 of 11
Beta Member

It appears that these settings may have changed with the latest update. I would like to disable the syncing of the product images between the Square dashboard and my Online store, but I can't find that option anymore. Any idea where that has moved to?

Message 7 of 11
Beta Member

I am also looking for a solution to this.

The primary image changes automatically and it's really annoying.

Message 8 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Tommer. Sorry Square Online has confirmed there is not a way to add separate images. 

I think this is a great idea! I would suggest submitting it on our new ideate board to be reviewed. 

Thank you!

Message 9 of 11
Beta Member

Hi @MayaP ,

Not sure what you are referring to.

My issue is that the primary image for certain items changes when we update their inventory.

The change happens on Square Online and on the ipad POS.

It only happens with certain items.

I'm testing to see if the file names when uploaded are the reason, but still this should not happen and clearly a bug.

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Tommer,

Oh wow that is bizarre. I have not come across this issue. 

But since it is happening with certain items, it definitely seems like a bug. Please go ahead and contact Direct Support, and speak with the Square Online Team. You can reach them at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport .

Of course please let us know if there is anything else we can help with! 

Message 11 of 11