x

Can I use the Square app and Stand in Kenya to accept cash payments?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square app and Stand in Kenya

I would like to buy a stand and a iPad to register just cash transaction in a missionary school in Africa (Kenya). Is it possible use the hardware and the app just for cash? Can I print and send digital receipts even if I’m in Kenya? Obviously I don’t care anout the card reader because it is not common the use of card. It could be good for the mission even if the target of it is to help children some of them they pay the fee. Not all the families are in bad e economic situation

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey @elfo - You can definitely use Square Point of Sale on a compatible iPad to track your cash payments. However, the Square Stand is only available US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the UK at this time.

Hope that helps clarify things for you!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 6

Thank you very much for your reply. I’m living in Canada and I have in mind to buy the stand here and bring there. My question was just if I can use the app for track the cash transactions and possibly be able to print receipts or send digital receips

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Gotcha. To clarify, Square hardware can only be used within the country where it was purchased from so if you purchase a stand in Canada, it wouldn't work outside of Canada. You should be able to send digital receipts, but to print them, you would need a compatible printer. Without the Square Stand, your option would be an Ethernet driven printer or Bluetooth printer.

Puka - She/They
Message 4 of 6

So you suggest to use the app in a iPad without stand and connect a compatible print. Probably the best is a Bluetooth printer. The iPad has a lighting output, so how can I connect an iPad to a receipt printer? I thought the stand could be considered just an hardware able to split the lighting connection into two USB . I can understand that the stand doesn’t work in Kenya as a reader of cards, but I don’t get how it is possible that a plastic device with two USB ports is not able to work. Anyway, thank u very much for the help. It is enough to know that with the iPad I’m able to register transactions, send digital receips and I’ll try to configure out how can I print them

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

I believe the USB accessories hub should still function if you want to connect a USB printer to the Square Stand, but I'm checking in with our Product team to make sure that is accurate information. I'll circle back here once I've heard back.

Thank you for your patience!

Puka - She/They
Message 6 of 6