x
Admin

Coronavirus: Preemptive Strategies and Resources

Nothing in this article is meant to be construed as medical advice. If you have questions about your health, please consult a doctor. 

Most of us have seen the headlines about the spread of the Coronavirus within Australia and across the globe. We're posting to give a heads up to our buyers and sellers on some preemptive measures that you can take to be prepared.

Each of our sellers are unique and have different business needs. If your business requires you to work closely with large amounts of people, these general tips may help you reduce exposure to Coronavirus, not to mention they'll ensure that you know about all payment options available with your Point of Sale account.

General Health:

Alternative Payment Methods and Strategies:

• Contactless "tap" payments. Encourage your customers to use their mobile devices or contactless cards to complete payment (see an example in the picture above). With Square, you can accept Apple Pay, Google Pay, and other forms of payment where you do not need to pass cash or credit cards back and forth. For a quick video demonstration, have a look here: Accept Payments with the Contactless + Chip Reader.

• Square Invoices and remote payments. If you can work from home, you can collect payments from your customers by using Square InvoicesVirtual Terminal, or manually keying in your customer's card information by taking orders over the phone.

• Square Online Store. If you haven't already, now may be a great time to set up a free Square Online Store, which will allow your customers to place orders themselves. Local customers can arrange to pick-up, and we've also partnered with a number of fulfillment services who can help you manage shipments. Learn more: Set Up Your Square Online Store.

• Get creative! Canceled sales event or trade show? Take it online via social media and use a hashtag or Instagram story to create a virtual event with your customers. You can then use one of Square's many remote payment options to keep your business running. Need some inspiration? The examples in this article may spark your imagination: 8 Instagram Event Marketing Ideas That Drive Record Registrations.

Knowledge is power: Keep a pulse on potential risks with the World Health Organization's website: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public. You can find the Australian Government's advice on Coronavirus via the Department of Health.

For more general resources on preparing for the unexpected, have a look at these resources:

Let's keep looking out for each other and staying healthy. โค๏ธ๏ธ If any other questions come up, or if you have any pro tips to shareโ€”let us know in the comments below! โฌ‡๏ธ

We're keeping a close eye on this issue and this material has been prepared for informational purposes only.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

We are all in this together and our Industry  is really taking a hit! I have  sent out emails to buy e gifts its been promising, I had also reached out to my clients whos emails I just received, I just want to send them a copy of my campaign. I dont want send duplicate emails to clients who had already received them.what do you all think? any help is appreciated im very old school lol

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Lisamarie1

Thank you for reaching out! I have moved your post over to our board with Coronavirus updates and resources page. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3