x
Square Community Moderator

Decimal Quantities Beta is live!

We've heard your feedback and we are proud to announce that the beta for decimal quantities is now live for iOS! (Please note that this feature is not yet available on Android or for Invoices)

Decimal quantities enables you to sell exact quantities in the unit(s) of measure you use to conduct your business—ounces, pounds, yards, gallons, etc. By previewing decimal quantities on your Square Point of Sale, you will be able to:

• Create items to sell in decimal quantities
  • Check out customers purchasing items in decimal quantities
  • View decimal quantity items in your cart summary
  • Review sales by item quantities
  • Refund items with decimal quantities
  • Issue and display digital and printed receipts with decimal quantities
  • Review your inventory and transactions with decimal quantities in Dashboard

115300cd3f0d8997e4128.png

11526ac8f40bebdc582e3.pngIMG_2243.jpeg

By participating in this beta and providing us with feedback, you will directly influence and improve this feature. If interested, please comment to this post or reach out to betafeedback@squareup.com. From there, we'll reach out directly with the next steps! 

Thanks!

Phil, Square Beta Team

Message 1 of 288
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Decimal Quantities Beta is live!

Hi all - Our feature to bill by decimal quantities is starting to roll out now. Keep an eye out for the feature being available in your dashboard over the next week or so. 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thank you to everyone for your interest and for your help testing this feature on iOS. We have now launched this feature on iOS for all merchants! 

For instructions on how to use this feature on your account, please visit our FAQ page: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6681

We are currently testing this feature for Androids. If you are interested in testing this feature on Android devices, please post here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Decimal-Quantities-Beta-is-Live-for-Android-De...

Thanks again!

View Best Answer >

Message 288 of 288
287 REPLIES 287

Yes, sign me up. Desperately need this feature!

Message 211 of 288

I really need this option for selling at Farmer's Markets!
Message 212 of 288

Hi! Can you please enable this on my account as soon as possible!

Message 213 of 288

I'm interested.

Message 214 of 288

I would also like to be involved in this beta! We sell meat by the pound so decimals would be great!

Message 215 of 288

We are interested.

Message 216 of 288

Hi! 

Thank you for your intersest in this beta! We are only currently testing on iOS devices and invoices. If you use either of these platforms, please reply back and I'll gladly turn this feature on for your account. 

Message 217 of 288

I'm very excited to participate.  My staff and I have been anxiously awaiting this feature.  Let me know how to get started.  Thank you!

Message 218 of 288
Beta Member

The Savory Gourmet Market is interesting in participating!

Message 219 of 288

Hi, 

Thanks for you interest in this beta! We don't currently support this feature on Square for Retail. However, if you have an iOS with Square Point of Sale installed, please let me know and I can turn this feature on for you. 

Message 220 of 288

Interested. Using Square Register.

Message 221 of 288

Hi, 

Thank you for your interest. We are not currently testing this feature for Squre Register, but I have added you to a list of merchants to contact once we do. 

Best,

Message 222 of 288

We'd like to give it a go. Or at least learn more please. 

Message 223 of 288

@EcoasisBisbee , @Greatergoods , @piporg , @FiveThreadsBeer Thanks for your interest! I have turned on the feature on your accounts to use on your iOS devices and invoices. Please read the instructions on how to get set up here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6639

Message 224 of 288

Seems to all work nicely, yet another reason not to write a custom POS, thanks! I'm sure there have been more than a few discussions as to why that feature didn't get baked in from the beginning. Thanks again,

Message 225 of 288
Beta Member

Hi @SQPhil

I received an email that it is live in our account, but when I followed the instructions, it doesn't appear to be activated for The Savory Gourmet Market.

Can you check to ensure this is activated for us? Thank you very much 🙂

carrie@savorygourmetmarket.com

Message 226 of 288
Beta Member

Hi Phil, 

The Savory Gourmet Market is using Square Point of Sale on IOS (I understand it isn't availabe for Square for Retail which is what we have activated on the backend). We desperately need it for all of our foods to be sold by the pound like deli meats, olive bar, make your own salad bar, and produce. Thank you so much!

Message 227 of 288

Hi! 

I went ahead and turned this feature on for your account. You can now test this new feature out on your iOS devices! 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. 

Message 228 of 288

Please incldue us in this Beta. We do Wash and Fold laundry service by the pound so decimals would be helpful. Thanks!

Message 229 of 288

Hi! 

Thank you for your interest in this beta! I have enabled this feature on your account. Please check out this support center article for instructions on how to get started: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6639

Best, 

Message 230 of 288

Hi!  Our company would like to join the beta testing too.  We are a marina and sell gas/fuel for boats.  We need a decimal function too for selling this.  Thanks!

Message 231 of 288