x
Square Community Moderator

Decimal Quantities Beta is live!

We've heard your feedback and we are proud to announce that the beta for decimal quantities is now live for iOS! (Please note that this feature is not yet available on Android or for Invoices)

Decimal quantities enables you to sell exact quantities in the unit(s) of measure you use to conduct your business—ounces, pounds, yards, gallons, etc. By previewing decimal quantities on your Square Point of Sale, you will be able to:

• Create items to sell in decimal quantities
  • Check out customers purchasing items in decimal quantities
  • View decimal quantity items in your cart summary
  • Review sales by item quantities
  • Refund items with decimal quantities
  • Issue and display digital and printed receipts with decimal quantities
  • Review your inventory and transactions with decimal quantities in Dashboard

115300cd3f0d8997e4128.png

11526ac8f40bebdc582e3.pngIMG_2243.jpeg

By participating in this beta and providing us with feedback, you will directly influence and improve this feature. If interested, please comment to this post or reach out to betafeedback@squareup.com. From there, we'll reach out directly with the next steps! 

Thanks!

Phil, Square Beta Team

Message 1 of 288
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Decimal Quantities Beta is live!

Hi all - Our feature to bill by decimal quantities is starting to roll out now. Keep an eye out for the feature being available in your dashboard over the next week or so. 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thank you to everyone for your interest and for your help testing this feature on iOS. We have now launched this feature on iOS for all merchants! 

For instructions on how to use this feature on your account, please visit our FAQ page: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6681

We are currently testing this feature for Androids. If you are interested in testing this feature on Android devices, please post here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Decimal-Quantities-Beta-is-Live-for-Android-De...

Thanks again!

View Best Answer >

Message 288 of 288
287 REPLIES 287

Sell lots of things such as Cheese, Meats, this is a great feature. Please add me to beta test group.

Message 232 of 288

I am absolutely interested in being a part of this beta. Is this functionality expected to be available only via the APIs to start, or will it roll out in the iPad Square POS app at the same time? In fact, when do you expect the feature to exit beta and go prime time? I absolutely cannot wait for that to happen. Thanks.

Message 233 of 288

Oooops. Scratch that. Reverse it. So the decimal quantities feature will be in the POS apps, OK... so when will the feature be reflected in the APIs? Thanks.

Message 234 of 288

@PVF-West-Stand , @haigek Thank you for inquiring about this beta! I have enabled the feature on both your accounts. Here is the link on how to get started: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6639

As for API, it is ready however 3rd parties and their developers have to integrate against it first. 

Message 235 of 288

Thanks, SQPhil! The feature seems to work perfectly in the POS for iPad app. Just what I've been wanting for years.

Message 236 of 288

Please sign me up! Can't wait to use this new feature!

Message 237 of 288
Beta Member

I have been using my square for a while now within my yoga business and it has been great.

I am now about to open a wholefoods/bulk foods store in Australia and the only thing stopping me from staying with Square for the business (versus moving to Vend/Tyro) is the fact that I can't sell by weight/use decimal points. As selling by weight will be my main transaction type, this feature is very important to me. I would love to test your Decimal Quantities Beta! Is this available to Australian businesses (kg, g etc.)? Looking forward to hearing more.

Message 238 of 288

Thank you for your interest! I have enabled this feature on your account. Here is a link to our support center with further instructions on how to get started: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6639

Message 239 of 288
Beta Member

Thank you @SQPhil 👍

Message 240 of 288

I would love to be included!  Please let me know.  I bill clients in fractions of hours (i.e., 3.5 hours).  

Message 241 of 288

I would like to participate in the beta please. We bill labor in quarter hours and really need this feature.

Message 242 of 288

We are android users and have multiple terminals we use on our #agtourism farm for selling produce by the pound. We desperately need this feature in android and have been asking for a long while. Please advise when this feature will be available on android. At the moment we are researching other options because this has been such a frustration to us and our customers who cannot get itemized receipts. 

Message 243 of 288

Hi there, I would love to participate in this beta. We've been wanting a decimal option since we first started using Square. Very excited! Thanks!

Message 244 of 288

We're interested!

Message 245 of 288
Beta Member

We've been wanting to see this feature in our shop since we made the switch over to Square. We're a tech support shop, and we charge customers an hourly rate, rounded up to the next quarter hour. Currently, we've set up our hourly rates as variations of full hour and quarter hour, but if we can consolidate it into one single item with a decimal quantity, it would make our POS flow so much smoother -- and look much better on the customer's receipt. +1 for this feature, and we'd love to test it out! We'd also love to see this feature in invoices and the Square Terminal.
Message 246 of 288

@tsalazar , @TxFarm , @VTAMEATCO , @RLMarina , @portugalimports , @drloribecker , @CompunetTech , @spinlaundry , @nossapdx @MetroTechPDX Thank you all for your interest in this beta! I have enabled the feature on your accounts. Please review this website for information on how to get started: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6639

Message 247 of 288
Beta Member

Thank you!!! 

Message 248 of 288
Beta Member

Inevitably I want to enter cost of goods.  Looking at Square for Retail, is there anything in that program that would support decimals or fractional quantities?  

Message 249 of 288
Beta Member

We sell ribbon per yard would this help me?  If so I would like to be added as well. 

Thank you,

Julie

scrapbook cafe

Message 250 of 288

I have another square account. How do I get that one added so I can use the beta on it?

Message 251 of 288
Beta Member

I’m interested! I sell beef at farmers markets and this would be SO helpful

Message 252 of 288