x
Beta Member

Does Square work with Pirate Ship?

I use Pirate ship but I can find it in the app. store on Square.

Message 1 of 57
2 Best Answers
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

While the 2 do not integrate directly, I do use Pirateship easily. I just copy the name & address from my Square orders into Pirateship. Voila!

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 57
Beta Member

Best Answer

You can export your orders from the orders list for your website, add the shipping details, and then upload the completed file to Pirate Ship.   You then download the shipping file with tracking numbers from Pirateship and add the tracking numbers to the individual orders on your site. 

View Best Answer >

Message 42 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
Beta Member

It would be great and save a lot of time going through these steps if Square and PirateShip were  integrated. For now, it’s a good plan.

Message 43 of 57
Beta Member

I agree completely, but it works for now.  We just need to keep bugging Square to integrate with Pirate Ship.

Message 44 of 57
Beta Member

There are many of us who wish there was a pirate ship integration.  Square hasn't heard us yet, maybe not loud enough?

Madeline she/her
Message 45 of 57
Super Seller Alumni

I think they are definitely aware of this being a request. I think it's probably just not as simple as we would like it to be. My "day job" is working as a data manager for a tech company (not Square, obviously), and we get client requests all the time that we would love to see happen, but it takes a while because those things have to be programmed, tested, reprogrammed, tested again, etc. And integrations between 2 existing technologies gets even trickier. Both companies have to be on board and work together to make data flow from one to the other. Anyway, my point here is that I think Square has heard us and has probably discussed it and may even be working on it for all we know. But every request can't just magically happen because we yell loud enough LOL Unfortunately... otherwise I'd be doing a lot of yelling myself on a lot of forums 🙂

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 46 of 57
Beta Member

It is not only being loud enough.  It takes a long time for Square to really pay attention to requests. Requests have to be made often.  I literally asked for a way to print packing lists for nearly two years until they did put a mechanism in place.  I posted and attended on line round tables along with others.  The issue is to get the development team to understand why you want the integration, and what it will do that is different from what is currently available.

Message 47 of 57

I'd really like to see pirateship integrated with square so that we can utilize it with invoices. Not being able to use it with square has me considering taking my entire business and leaving square altogether. Shippo doesn't do what I want, and every time we copy/paste things in, it's a chance for another error.

Message 48 of 57
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting, @CrystalGems Can you clarify what Shippo is missing, or why it won't work for you? I'd be happy to pass your feedback along to both teams. 

Message 49 of 57
Beta Member

This has been discussed before A LOT.  Shippo does not utilize media mail and PirateShip has better USPS priority mail rates.

Message 50 of 57

^ What SFCSU said.

Message 51 of 57
Super Seller

Square If you are looking to integrate Pirate Ship with Square contact Pitney Bowes they are the ones that run the whole thing with the USPS & UPS

Or create your own system like Pirate Ship

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 52 of 57
Beta Member

Would LOVE if Square integrated with Pirate Ship!!

Message 53 of 57
Super Seller

PirateShip integrates with SquareSpace, I am not sure if that is the same as Squareonline or not since I use a different web host.  If you log in to Pirate ship and select from integrations you can see what pirateship integrates with.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 54 of 57
Beta Member

Squarespace is not the same as Square.

Message 55 of 57
Super Seller

I vote for Pirate Ship also, we use it everyday and even though it is easy to copy/paste, integration would be great.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 56 of 57
Square Community Moderator

Hello @rtfulk thanks for stopping by with some great input again! I am not seeing on our Ideate Board a feature request for this integration. I encourage you to submit one there. Our team can track the request and provide updates from there. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 57 of 57