x

How do I create shipping labels for UPS for Adult Signature Required shipments?

Hello, 

We are a wine shop that is allowed to ship within our state.  However, the law requires that the packages are shipped with Adult Signature Required options. We also have a UPS account.  Currently we receive our orders via Square and go into UPS to recreate a label for the orders with the correct options.  

Is there any way to create that UPS label through square with the required adult signature required option?

Thanks, 

Billy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

HI, any shipping label features are generated with the shipper, UPS.  You can review their Wine Shipping Requirements here.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/shipping-support/shipping-special-care-regulated-items/prohibited-...

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 4

Hi Terry, 

I understand that I can do this through UPS.  However, square shipping is meant to integrate receiving the orders and your shipping accounts to generate the labels and get the dynamic pricing for shipping.  If this interaction between square and UPS does not support the option for Adult Signature Required, we cannot use the integration of square with the shipping partners... am I missing something?  

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @BillyPtown 👋 

Square Online does not have the signature requirement you need for alcohol shipments at this time. You will need to create your labels through UPS or Shippo directly. 

For context, Shippo is our third party integration, and is the service we use for displaying shipping rates on the checkout page, and for creating shipping labels for the online store. Shippo has the ability to offer 21+ Adult signature required, but that feature has not made it's way over to the Square Online background just yet.

It is definitely a feature we want to be able to offer, however, I do not have any sort of timeline to provide at this time. 

That said, thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get more visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

Message 4 of 4