x

New square register reviews?

Is there a reason why there are zero actual reviews on the new square register? Does anyone know if you can add pictures as categories unlike the iPad app? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Only a few beta testers have had an actual Square Register in use.  they are still a month out or more on shipping.  In general, the software that is running on Square Register is the same base code as the Square POS app.  So I don't believe that issue has been addressed yet.

Message 2 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @George1991

Square Register runs the Point of Sale app that you're used to just like @VanKalkerFarms mentioned. 

There's not many Square Register setups out in the wild as of right now (6-8 week shipping eta), so you won't hear too much until then. 

In regards to images being added to categories, I haven't heard anything new around this feature request, but I'll be sure to post an update if something comes up 👍🏼

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Does anyone know if the square appointment app will eventually be integrated into the new square register?  

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @HeyBaby

The new Square Register is purpose built, and while you can use all of the back end features of Square Appointments from your Square Dashboard, you won't be able to run the Appointments app directly on the Square Register itself. 

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

@HeyBaby - wanted to let you know there's now a review available in the community. Check it out! 

Message 6 of 6