x
Beta Member

Report - 2022 is in the books! (and in the charts)

So why does the "Total Net Sales" figure include taxes?

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @keith2704, thanks for your post and welcome to the Seller Community ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

In your item settings, you can choose to Add Tax to Item Price, which adds the tax as a separate line item to the price or Include tax in item price, which shows one amount โ€“ the combined sales tax and item price.

It sounds like you may have tax included in the item price. 

Taxable item sales = Item sales that are eligible for tax. If your tax is included in the item price, we would work out tax from your taxable item sales.
This is why Taxable Item sales = Net here

Gross sales = Net + Tax

You can check your item's tax settings from Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard > Business information > Sales tax.

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 10.12.30.png

You can also learn more about Square reporting terminology here. 

I hope this helps! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi Alegra

I understand what you are saying but this conflicts with the Monthly "Check out your Stats for Xmonth" report where the "Total Net Sales" figure shown is net of any taxes.

I would have thought the  "Report - 2022 is in the books! (and in the charts)" should be an aggregation of the Monthly information with additional statistical information

Keith

Message 3 of 4
Admin

I see, thanks for clarifying, Keith. 

It hasn't come up before so this may be one to check with our customer support team directly. In this case, I'd suggest getting in touch with our support team directly so they can take a closer look at both of these reports with you, and escalate internally if needs be. We have less access here in the Community, unfortunately. 

Apologies that I couldn't assist more! @keith2704

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 4 of 4