x
Beta Member

Square Card: Can you have two Square Cards for one account?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square Card:

I would like to see if you can get two square cards for one account.  I have me and another employee and want them to have a credit card too as well as me.  Can you add a second card to a account.  

Message 1 of 64
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @funfun4645 - Currently, you can only have one Square Card per location. If your Square account only consists of one location, then you'll only be able to request one card. If you have multiple locations within one account, then you can request one card for each of those locations. Please keep in mind that each Square Card would only be connected to the balance of the location it is linked to. To clarify, the Square Card for Location A will only contain funds generated by Location A and cannot be used to access the funds generated by Location B.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 64
63 REPLIES 63
Square Community Moderator

@linbeau123 Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community! You can only have one square card and one square card owner per account. You can have multiple square cards tied to one bank account if you have multiple Square accounts, but then of course you and your other business owners would not be sharing the funds within the main account. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 43 of 64

4 of us want to use square for transactions to one account...please explain multiple locations

Message 44 of 64
Beta Member

1. Can I use one square card with both my locations
Message 45 of 64
Alumni

Each Square Card is tied directly to an individual location. In order to have a Square Card for multiple locations, you’ll need to order a Square Card for each location.

@RICH12681

Justin
Message 46 of 64

The ability for one location to utilize two cards is something Square should certainly implement. As other users have mentioned, it would be of great help if I could provide one card to a location-based employee, as well as another employee that operates on-the-go.

Message 47 of 64

Also\or the ability to tie all funds to a main account that possibly isn't tied to a location per se, but is to the company as a whole...

Message 48 of 64

Square keeps adding features to make Square card more attractive, enabling us to use funds directly from Square instead of always transferring to my bank.  Can I get a 2nd Square Card for my business partner?

Message 49 of 64
Alumni

Hey @mitos - merged you to the thread you're looking for!! 

Justin
Message 50 of 64

You guys keep merging threads, maybe instead add this feature for businesses with more than one owner!

Message 51 of 64

Came here looking for answers, and wanted to put in a vote for the option to add additional cards! 

Message 52 of 64

Please give us the option for multiple cards for one location. My employee lives across the country and is doing purchasing in her state, while I am on the other side doing the same. This is terrible to not both have cards.

Message 53 of 64

@Twistedliberty  how are you handling your employee that lives across the country now since there is no option for additional authorized users? 

Message 54 of 64

I am adding to this thread. I have a business with multiple owners, so having 2 debit cards that can draw from the same account is a MUST! Please implement this soon… this seems like an obvious addition that should have been there from the start. 

Message 55 of 64
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @Resynate I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 56 of 64

Will definately love to be able to have multiple cards issued. We operate at farmers markets and have few employees that need to be able to make inventory purchases

Message 57 of 64

Hi!  I was wondering if this was resolved?  We need two cards for our account.  Like many others have stated a business may have more than one person with purchasing power but if square does not have the option to give a second card, it is difficult to do .  My husband is the tech and he travels to do work he needs a card for gas and supplies, I do the in house business, answer phones and send out information.  I need a card with me in case I need inks and paper and order more supplies for future jobs.  So it is 2022 now...is there the ability to have a second card? 

Message 58 of 64

No kidding.......this is dumb that it has not been resolved yet.  Really, what is the hangup with two cards?

Message 59 of 64
Beta Member

Dumb. I guess I'll close square bank account feature and go back to bank cards. It's a real drag, though. They could add multiple cards easily. 

Message 60 of 64

Have they fixed this to allow for a second card yet? 

Message 61 of 64

This issue is about to be 4 years old... how on earth has this not been taken care of yet?! I have a business partner that needs a card to make purchases when we are not together. I have employees that need to make purchases on their own. This issue is holding our business back, and we are regretting our decision to with over to Square banking. Clearly you all are not old enough to have the kinks worked out. 

Message 62 of 64
Beta Member

I second what the others have said. We really need the ability to have a Debit Card for more than one person. I am a co-owner of our business and I really need a card of my own that I can use. 

Message 63 of 64