x
BOLDTechCo

Square Merchant Directory

Where can I find a web-based search engine that allows users to find Square Up merchants and restaurants based on location?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Spenser Square

Re: Square Merchant Directory

Hi @BOLDTechCo, welcome to the Community. We don't currently have a global search for Square sellers, but I agree that would be useful! Was there something in particular you were looking for? 

Message 2 of 11
caferaik Developer

Hey Spenser,

Is there a way at all to find a list of restaurants/businesses that are using square at all? I have built an app that integrates with square that I wanted to be able to offer these businesses in my area but do not know where to start.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 11
Spenser Square

No, I'm afraid not, @caferaik. This isn't currently a feature were developing but we'll update you here if that changes in the future. 

Message 4 of 11
marothstein

Have you made any progress on this feature? I am interested in it. 

Message 5 of 11
Russell Square

Hey there @marothstein

I don't have any updates on this feature, but I will be sure to let our Product Team know that you too are looking for it. 😎

Message 6 of 11
marcusshetter

I would really like to see this feature added (or brought back - I read an article on TechCrunch from 2012 where Square had launched something called Square Directory, so it sounds like Square might have had it at one time).  I'm coming from Schedulicity, a service similiar to Square Appointments, but they include a merchant directory that I found very useful for my business growth!

Message 7 of 11
Admin

Hi @marcusshetter - Thanks for adding this request! Though we don't currently have a customer director to insure customer privacy, the Seller Community is a great way to connect with similar businesses. Are there specific types of businesses or location based folks you are looking to connect with? Maybe some people who have similarities can chime in!

Message 8 of 11
bruhed

Hello--What happened to the Square Directory referenced by the other poster? (There is no "privacy" issue as we're talking about merchants, not their customers.) Etsy has one, so what happened to Square's?

Here's the article again: https://techcrunch.com/2012/10/03/square-launches-a-merchant-directory-to-help-customers-discover-ne...

Thanks!

Best,

Mike

Message 9 of 11
Admin

@bruhed Thanks for sharing your interest in bringing back a directory (blast from the past)! I definitely see how it would be useful to have a directory that sellers could opt in to, and I'll share your feedback with the appropriate teams here. 

Are there any other similiar directories that you find useful or drive traffic to your business? 

Message 10 of 11