x

Square Terminal: Looking for insight for a barber shop

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square Terminal

anyone purchased the square terminal? I’m a barber and was looking to purchase one of the square terminals to use in my shop. I’m just looking for some insight on it

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I have one.  they have sold hundreds of thousands of them.  what information are you looking for?

I would think it would do well in a barbershop as you probably are only picking from like 5 items (men's haircut, children's, women's haircut) so the interface will be fine for that.  It is super nice and compact and easy to move around so that makes it easy to pass between stations and the printer is built in so it is literally all you need in one device to process a credit card.  It presents very well to the customer in design.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

I have one.  they have sold hundreds of thousands of them.  what information are you looking for?

I would think it would do well in a barbershop as you probably are only picking from like 5 items (men's haircut, children's, women's haircut) so the interface will be fine for that.  It is super nice and compact and easy to move around so that makes it easy to pass between stations and the printer is built in so it is literally all you need in one device to process a credit card.  It presents very well to the customer in design.

Message 2 of 5

I'm looking to switch processors to square.  I'm running barberly currently have have for a few years now.  I'm curious about using a square terminal or a square register, which would have a larger screen for the client to see and use.  groombarberlounge.com if you want to network

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Groompella - Thanks for reaching out to us with your question. I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

If you are looking for a larger screen and a screen for your clients to use when checking out, I would recommend the Square Register instead of the Terminal. The Square Register has its own Customer Display which shows what they’re buying on the POS and then lets them pay and tip onscreen in just a few taps.

I've included the dimensions on the Register as well below for a visual:

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions. I'm more than happy to help! 😊

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Yes! It's great and has helped my business tremendously!! 

Message 5 of 5