x

Verification methods

Hi.

Before I got rid of my current "sign in" email address for my Square account, I tried updating my login email and password to my new email address linked to my business before my old email was shut down.  So when you select to change the email address, it asks you to verify with your current email address OR mobile phone number. 

My problem is that when I tried updating my new login info, I would wait 15+ minutes for any verification code and nothing ever came through. Now...I no longer have access to either of the old verification methods to update anything as they were linked to my old email and mobile that I have already changed.

Is there a way to change my login info or change my verification methods??

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @SZ10, I am really sorry you are having some issues accessing your account. I want to clarify so we can better assist. You no longer have access to the email that is currently on file and need to change it? 

Message 2 of 7

Hi @MayaP, I can access my account just fine. The problem is that I am still logging into my account with my old email address which is deactivated. I want to update my account to my new email address, but to change it I need the verification code that will be sent to my old email address which is already deactivated. So yes, I cannot access my old email to obtain a verification code.

Message 3 of 7

Got it, thanks for clarifying @SZ10. In order to change the email address on the account you will need to speak with support. We cannot take those actions through The Seller Community. You can reach support at 0800 - 098 8008, https://squ.re/4azOOT4. If you need anything else please let me know! 

Message 4 of 7

Hi @MayaP. Unfortunately, the number you have provided me is invalid. So I am back to square 1

Message 5 of 7

The number provided above is not invalid @SZ10 . That is support for international UK sellers. If you are located in Australia your support number is 1800 760 137. Unfortunately your inquiry is not something we can clear through social support, so you will need to reach out via the phone or use the in app chat support to get this resolved. I hope that works! 

Message 6 of 7

The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. espn plus on verizon

Message 7 of 7