x
Admin

We Launched our CBD Early Access Program! 🎉

Interested in selling CBD with Square? Great news—we launched an early access program to support the sale of some CBD products!🎉 

We're thrilled to offer sellers a quick, easy, and secure way to sell CBD products and grow their business. 

👉 To complete an application form and request an invite to join, go to to www.squareup.com/solutions/cbd, then click Get Started👈

Generally speaking, sellers in the program can accept payments and carry items that meet the following requirements:

• Hemp and hemp-derived CBD products that have less than 0.3% THC in all states excluding Idaho and South Dakota. Payment acceptance is for the US only at this time.
  • No marijuana or marijuana derived products; products that contain more than 0.3% THC, illegal drugs and products that otherwise violate Square’s Payment Terms.
  • No hemp flower.
  • Included items cannot make health claims.

For more details on eligibility, head over to this resource in our Support Center: Accepting Payments for CBD in Square Early Access Program.

We're excited to help our sellers by offering a reliable solution for CBD sales. Feel free to weigh in with any comments or questions below. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 36
1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

We Launched our CBD Early Access Program! 🎉

Interested in selling CBD with Square? Great news—we launched an early access program to support the sale of some CBD products!🎉 

We're thrilled to offer sellers a quick, easy, and secure way to sell CBD products and grow their business. 

👉 To complete an application form and request an invite to join, go to to www.squareup.com/solutions/cbd, then click Get Started👈

Generally speaking, sellers in the program can accept payments and carry items that meet the following requirements:

• Hemp and hemp-derived CBD products that have less than 0.3% THC in all states excluding Idaho and South Dakota. Payment acceptance is for the US only at this time.
  • No marijuana or marijuana derived products; products that contain more than 0.3% THC, illegal drugs and products that otherwise violate Square’s Payment Terms.
  • No hemp flower.
  • Included items cannot make health claims.

For more details on eligibility, head over to this resource in our Support Center: Accepting Payments for CBD in Square Early Access Program.

We're excited to help our sellers by offering a reliable solution for CBD sales. Feel free to weigh in with any comments or questions below. 🙂

35 REPLIES 35

I applied to the CBD early Access Program, but haven't hear anything. Is there a way to make sure my application was submitted?

Message 2 of 36
Alumni

Thanks for applying to our Early Access Program, @JanetLynn! It typically takes 5 - 7 business days for our team to review new applications, and we have received an overwhelming amount of interest. Once the team has had an opportunity to review your application, they should reach out with more information.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 36

Is Square still processing the applications? Thanks for any info.

Message 4 of 36

It's been 15 days since I applied for the CBD program and I haven't heard anything back. I can't even get ahold of a person to speak to 😞  

Message 5 of 36

Edit: Nevermind. Figured out my issue

Message 6 of 36

I have applied now two weeks ago. When will someone contact me ? can I start selling either way ?

Message 7 of 36
Admin

@morahemp It looks like our Account Services team sent you an email with the next steps. When you've followed their instructions a team member will reach back out to you as soon as they have an update. The review time is typically 5-7 business days but it might take a bit longer as we've had a lot of interest in the program!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 36

So for me its been about 4 weeks. Do you think my application is still in review?

Message 9 of 36

It’s been 4 weeks for me too. 

Message 10 of 36
Super Seller

4 weeks for me also, Can someone at Square let me know that you guys got it?

Message 11 of 36
Admin

@JanetLynn @hnichole8 @dasap1234 I'm very sorry for the delay. I'm checking with the team for you now and I'll report back here as soon as I have more news. I really appreciate your patience in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 12 of 36

Wonderful, thank you!!

Message 13 of 36

I have applied numerous times over the past 2 months, with no follow-up.  Can some help please?  [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 14 of 36
Admin

Hi @Dennis51, I've just sent you a private message so we can help!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 15 of 36

Is it possible to get up and running while the process is working itself out?  What is likely to happen if I start selling before my application is reviewed/approved?

Message 16 of 36
Admin

@Dennis51 You must be accepted into the Early Access Program before you can sell CBD.

I'm very sorry for the delay and I really appreciate your patience as we review everyone who has applied. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 17 of 36

I like square and hope to remain a customer.  However, if I can’t get accepted into the early access program within the next few days, I will be forced to my Shopify.  Please contact me to verify acceptance.

Message 18 of 36
Admin

Again, I'm very sorry for the delay @Dennis51. You will receive an email to confirm when you've been accepted to the program. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 19 of 36

Same here, I’ve been waiting 8 weeks and I have attempted to follow up at least 6 times with no resolution. I am so frustrated that I can’t get my shop up and running before Black Friday I could cry. 

Message 20 of 36
Admin

I'm very sorry again that you haven't heard anything @hburt @eglupker1. I've just sent you each a private message. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 21 of 36