x

Why is the time zone incorrect with Square Appointments?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Time Zone]

I am having a problem with booking appointment with correct time. I set a client appointment for 1:30 p.m. and square send the time for 3:30 p.m.. Calendar time zone (PDT) differs from business time zone (CDT)

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Square Community Moderator

Hey @therealjlew,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the frustrating experience! Have you had a chance to change your business's time zone? If your customers book online via your appointments booking page, you can also check out @KASSI_ 's response above. When you allow customers to choose the timezone when booking, notifications will be sent out in the time zone they selected when scheduling the appointment. 

Message 22 of 29

My business timezone hasn’t changed. I’ve just gone on vacation for a few days. My business stays in the same location while the calendar seems to follow my timezone when i go on vacation even though I have a stationary brick and mortar business. I wish there was a setting to keep the calendar from shifting. It’s too complicated to schedule clients while traveling. 

Message 23 of 29

Sorry about the confusion, @therealjlew. So just to clarify: You're travelling to a different zone, but still booking appointments for your usual business location, for when you return from vacation? 

Message 24 of 29

Yes. I also have clients using my online booking. Not sure how they’re viewing my calendar either….? Didn’t realize traveling would be so complicated. 

Message 25 of 29

Has this problem been solved? My business is in Pacific timezone. I traveled to Mountain timezone.  Obviously my phone updated timezones, but my physical business did not. I scheduled appointments while in Mountain time and I got nothing but confused patients. When I got home, all of the appointments shifted and i was double booked. Nobody should have to lock the devices location to have Square function properly. This will be a deal breaker if there is not a solution.

Message 26 of 29

In addition, when I was in Mountain time, reminders were sent to patients in the wrong timezone. So unprofessional. 

Message 27 of 29

I am having heck with this since I got a new phone. I have locked in all required time zone ideas listed above. And yes set my phone with Arizona.  As well as booking app. But Still booking incorrectly... did anyone sold this issue? What am I missing? Yes I called main support. No help yet. ARIZONA 

Message 28 of 29

Hello @Jlboyd03 and welcome to the Seller Community 

Can you share here what exactly is your current situation? I would like to take a closer look. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 29 of 29