x
Beta Member

make receipt print faster

Greetings!

My business is required to always issue a receipt for the products I sell.  Even though I specified for a receipt to be printed each time, there is a significant lag from the transaction completion to the printing of the receipt.  Any way to speed this up?  The CC approval is super fast, and my customers love that.  Just waiting for the receipt to print tempers it a bit...lol.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @JeffWoehrle

Have you reached out to the printer manufacturer about this at all? You could see if they have a trick to do this on their end. 

The only printing setting you have available would reside in Settings when you set up the printer. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks for the reply, Kassi.

I believe the lag is built in to what would normally be time for the customer to choose a printed receipt (or not).  When I set it that way (to allow choice), the receipt is printed pretty much instantly when the customer chooses printed receipt.  As I'm not giving the customer the option (as I have to give a receipt for the product, even if they don't want one), I would think it would print immediately.  Alas, there is a substantial lag.

Thanks again for the reply.

Message 3 of 3