x

cannot connect reader to android

I cannot re connect either of my Square readers to my S20 phone. It was working before but will NOT connect now. I have reinstalled the app and tried again. Both units have a full battery. Both readers worked last month but refuse to connect to readers now.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @EyecandyCustoms,

We are sorry to hear that is happening! Are you receiving a specific error message when trying to connect, or is it just not allowing you to connect?

Also, welcome to the Seller Community! ๐Ÿฅณ We are so happy to have you here. While you are here, we recommend checking out our Orientation & Etiquette. I hope this helps! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

I just have the same problem. It was working great for the last two years until today.

I don't have any error message, it just won't connect.

I've tried to close the app to no avail.

I've tried to forget the square on my Bluetooth, but it just won't find it now.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, but it still won't connect.

What would be the next step?

Thanks in advance!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MFHupe, welcome to the Seller Community! Really sorry to hear you have encountered this issue. Let's see if we can work on finding a resolution, but first I need to ask you a few clarifying questions. 

1. What phone are you using to connect to the reader? Please make sure it is listed on our compatibility page.
  2. Is your phone up to date? 
  3. Is the issue consistent or intermittent?

The more information you can provide, the better I will be equipped the help you get you back up and running.

Looking forward to your reply! 

Message 4 of 4