x

What if display panel and printer were combined?

I'm June, recently joined Square community.

Based on the experience I've got so far, I'm quite satisfied with Square's UI/UX, software features, and especially hardware-wise design.

One thing that I'm curious about would be the separation of customer display panel and a receipt printer.

Why did you guys split these features into two rather combined these two things?

Because of the fact that it looks prettier in design-wise? or is there any beneficial elements that these two were split?
Would you provide me couple reasons why?

I look forward to hearing from you and I'd be appreciated.
Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @ejmogly,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community!

I can certainly see how an integrated device like this would be handy for many merchants - we're always looking at new ways to innovate in the payments space. I'm passing your feedback on to our product team for consideration ๐Ÿ‘

At the moment Square's POS app runs on compatible Apple and Android phones / tablets, so downloading a free payments app on a device you may already own has the benefit of providing a cheap and easy entry point to taking card payments. Square is also designed to be a paperless system, giving you the ability to email or SMS a receipt to your customers.

Some of our merchants certainly prefer printed receipts, which is why we've built in compatiblity for optional receipt printers. Our entry level product offering is designed to be as accessible as possible, with the option of adding additional hardware such as printers, barcode scanners etc on an as-needed basis ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2