x

No notifications when someone messages whilst booking an appointment

I’m a beauty salon who has clients booking their appointments  through the Square app. I’ve had few people send me messages when their bookings have been confirmed but I’ve never received notification of any message and have only seen the message when I manually go into the clients’ booking. Is this standard or do I not have a certain setting on? It’s very frustrating because I just look rude to new clients as I’m not replying to their messages.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Lulu_Beauty_Bar,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to our seller community 😊👋

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience! This sounds a bit odd, as the appointment confirmation text messages, are no-reply messages. Would you know how / where your customers are sending these messages from? 

Message 2 of 4

Thank you! It seems my customers can type a message directly to the salon when they initially book their appointment online.  I get no alert from it so I have to go into each client booking to check if they have left a ‘note from client’. I hope that makes sense! 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@Lulu_Beauty_Bar It sounds like what you're describing is how things are designed to work here! 

I went through the process of booking an appointment online and your customers are able to leave you a custom note as part of booking the appointment online:

You should receive an SMS from Square to confirm a new Appointment has been made / requested, however the content of the note text box won't appear within this SMS notification. This note, along with other specific details about the appointment will appear within the appointment listing on the Appointments section on your Dashboard:

Or if you're using the Appointments app on the phone you can check there too. The SMS notification is designed to give you a heads up to check the Appointment listing for more info, but it won't contain all the information related to the Appointment within the SMS notification itself - you'll need to use the Appointments platform to fully manage your appointments and do things like check notes your customers have left on bookings.

Hope that makes sense, please let me know if I've misunderstood!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4